Out of hibernation

Oldrat

So much better now Engineer is on ignore
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now that the salt has gone, it was time to get the Guzzi dusted off and out for a bimble.

But not before I received a delivery from Eurocarb - I’d ordered some float bowl drain plug washers - I’d been regularly
draining the carbs of E10 fuel after each ride consequently one carb was weeping fuel.

The package arrived late PM so I got out but stayed locally, perhaps I’ll stretch her legs again tomorrow.

Attachments

• 3D94D52D-F55F-4127-AF8A-6384B1560D49.jpg
    3D94D52D-F55F-4127-AF8A-6384B1560D49.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 440
I do like that, any chance of a YouTube doodah so we can have a listen?.

That is lovely.

Instead of draining the carbs, why don't you turn the fuel tap off, leave the engine running until the bowls are empty, well, practically empty.

I do like that, any chance of a YouTube doodah so we can have a listen?.

Here you go. I’ve just added a vid to my previous post here

That is lovely.

Instead of draining the carbs, why don't you turn the fuel tap off, leave the engine running until the bowls are empty, well, practically empty.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try, might not be running too long at the rate this drinks juice.

She is a thing of beauty. I can help thinking a small racing type screen would look great.
. I’ve been in half a mind to fit a Le Mans fairing to it just to see, I’d even got a one off carbon fibre one priced up— so maybe.

just seen it in the book 'Moto Guzzi 100 years' with Mat Oxley sprawling all over it. Lovely pictures. The bike not Mat Oxley.

Nice one, quite an accolade having it featured in a book about Guzzi's 100 years.

Now that the salt has gone, it was time to get the Guzzi dusted off and out for a bimble.

But not before I received a delivery from Eurocarb - I’d ordered some float bowl drain plug washers - I’d been regularly
draining the carbs of E10 fuel after each ride consequently one carb was weeping fuel.

The package arrived late PM so I got out but stayed locally, perhaps I’ll stretch her legs again tomorrow.

Breathtakingly beautiful

Wow. :blush

Thank you very much, now my head really is going to go bang.

If you are going to the Stafford Classic Bike show 23/24th April, pop into the Moto Guzzi Club stand (upstairs I think this year) where I’ll be with me bike and I’ll happily buy you a cuppa.

Meanwhile, back to the spring clean.

EDIT Bugger, I’ve tried several times rotating this way and that and I can’t get the pic the right way up :blast

Attachments

• B5608532-7881-4B22-9405-E20607891DC5.jpg
    B5608532-7881-4B22-9405-E20607891DC5.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 97

Back
Top Bottom