Old question... What tyres?

No probs guys just went on the web site and according to michelin the 6GT only comes in 17"
Rob

Just changed my tyres to Road 6s. First impression is that the turn in is better, the grip more confident and it drops in much better and the noise is down. However the bars feel like there is a buzz through them that wasn’t there before. The tyre place half them both at 36 psi so have jacked the rear up to 42 and will run it agin today and see if that settles it down.

Just changed my tyres to Road 6s. First impression is that the turn in is better, the grip more confident and it drops in much better and the noise is down. However the bars feel like there is a buzz through them that wasn’t there before. The tyre place half them both at 36 psi so have jacked the rear up to 42 and will run it agin today and see if that settles it down.

I’m running 36/42. I’m on a 2021 GSA. I have no bar buzz.

Guys what mileage are you getting from your road5s ?
I went to pick up something on the GS, got talking to the guy about tyres he has Roadtec 01s on his GS anyway told him ive ordered a set of R6s he said he got 10K from his last set of R5s mine have only done an easy 4K
what mileage is average as I might be wasting my money at this mileage ??
Cheers
Rob

Your mileage would be about right, average for most tyres.
I get about 3.5-4000 MLS just about every tyre I have tried apart from the CTA3 V rated .I get 6000 from them.
No reason not to use them.

Your mileage would be about right, average for most tyres.
I get about 3.5-4000 MLS just about every tyre I have tried apart from the CTA3 V rated .I get 6000 from them.
No reason not to use them.
+ 1 for the CTA 3 V rated, I'm very impressed so far, tips into corners nicely, front end a fair bit quieter too, certainly less racket than the Bridgestone A41. Thanks Stick for the recommendation ... only got 4800 mls from the Bridgestones and front was almost down to wear indicator (plenty left on rear though ? ) they will be my next tyres again.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

For those who have tried the new PR6 and also had the PR5 before, can you comment on whether the carcass profile has changed? The PR5 (like most Michelins before) have a pretty sharp V-shaped profile. I am wondering if the PR6 has a more rounded carcass profile to make it more even in side-to-side transitions, with a reduced nature to just fall-into corners as suddenly compared to the PR5. It was the one aspect of the PR5 which I was not keen on, and I don't know if the PR6 has improved on this.

I went onto youtube last night trying to find out if I was jumping too soon and there are people on there with 8 10 and 12K on a set of road 5s one guy with a MT10 had 12K and thought it would be ok for another 2K miles !! My MT10 shat tyres in 3K !!
Ive got 4K on this pair of R5s and they look and feel perfect just not sure if I should change them for the R6s ive just bought ??
Ive got 2 trips booked next month and July
Rob

I have now put about 3-400 miles on a set of Angel GT2 after a set of PR5 and the difference to me is night and day, much prefer the Angel GT2. I like the much more flickable nature and confidence of the Angel's. The PR5 always felt 'lazy' on the steering to me. I have to admit I like a bike that will change direction quickly so it suits me and I have been a Pirelli Diablo series fan for about 20 years now as they have always given me what I want. Horses for courses.

I have now put about 3-400 miles on a set of Angel GT2 after a set of PR5 and the difference to me is night and day, much prefer the Angel GT2. I like the much more flickable nature and confidence of the Angel's. The PR5 always felt 'lazy' on the steering to me. I have to admit I like a bike that will change direction quickly so it suits me and I have been a Pirelli Diablo series fan for about 20 years now as they have always given me what I want. Horses for courses.

As a Pirelli fanboi having run more SC/DRC/DRC2s and PST2s than I’d care to remember, I have to disagree with you with regards to the PR5. The PR5 is a very fast turning tyre, with a sharp crown, and steep sidewalls. With a GS scraping its pegs, the PR5 will still have at least 1cm chicken strip. The previous PR4, however, was one of the worst tyres I’ve known which was very lazy and slow to turn. So maybe you were thinking of the PR4?

They were definitely PR5's. I also had the puncture issues others have mentioned as well. Just know I much prefer the feel and response of the the Angels and that is what I will use from now on. Like I said horses for courses and the reason this whole topic will just go on and on and no one will agree.

I went onto youtube last night trying to find out if I was jumping too soon and there are people on there with 8 10 and 12K on a set of road 5s one guy with a MT10 had 12K and thought it would be ok for another 2K miles !! My MT10 shat tyres in 3K !!
Ive got 4K on this pair of R5s and they look and feel perfect just not sure if I should change them for the R6s ive just bought ??
Ive got 2 trips booked next month and July
Rob
Elephant in the room.....maybe the bikes and the tyres weren't the issue :beer:

Not sure I understant the last comment to be honest ??

OK to make it simple you said, and I quote,"mine have only done an easy 4K" "My MT10 shat tyres in 3K !!" when others are getting 2-3 times as much, perhaps it is the way you ride that is wearing out your tyres ? not judging, just passing comment

OK to make it simple you said, and I quote,"mine have only done an easy 4K" "My MT10 shat tyres in 3K !!" when others are getting 2-3 times as much, perhaps it is the way you ride that is wearing out your tyres ? not judging, just passing comment

I would have thought that it was obvious that a set of tyres that have done a track day will not last as long as a set that have driven Miss Daisy. But hey, people still keep asking these questions.

I would have thought that it was obvious that a set of tyres that have done a track day will not last as long as a set that have driven Miss Daisy. But hey, people still keep asking these questions.
as I had to explain it I would guess not so obvious ?

Sorry to offend anyone by asking, "what sort of mileage people are getting from there Road 5s" I really did not realise such a straight forward question could cause such replys now id I had of said how long would they last if ive done 3 tours of Europe and 3 track days Id expect answers as such
All I asked was what sort of mileage are people getting from there Road 5s so I know weather to change them before I go away or if these will be OK as they look and feel fine
all I wanted was Mine lasted for 3K or 13K then I would have had an idea that was all simple really !!

Back
Top Bottom