Shakey unsupervised USA

From Shakey last night;

I think i need some help.

I just got off the phone with the BMW dealer here in Alcoa and they have been stripping the gearbox down today and they are now certain that i need a new box. To get one from BMW in Germany will take two weeks which i just don’t have. I need to source a second hand box for a 2005 gsa that ideally is local. I can hire a car to go get it if it cant be fedex’d here PDQ

Fucking BMWs. :firemth :firemth

After all your hopes, dreams, planning and expense, the fucking thing trashes everything for you.

I'd set the bastard thing on fire and leave it there, then hire something for the duration of your dream trip.

Dunno where my 12:01 post went ... but

Ebay US has lots of 1150 gearboxes listed -

May be a drive or 2 involved, but worth a shot

Is there an equivalent. UKGSer. ...... USA. GSer .com that may be able to help ?

From Shakey last night;

I think i need some help.

I just got off the phone with the BMW dealer here in Alcoa and they have been stripping the gearbox down today and they are now certain that i need a new box. To get one from BMW in Germany will take two weeks which i just don’t have. I need to source a second hand box for a 2005 gsa that ideally is local. I can hire a car to go get it if it cant be fedex’d here PDQ

Beemer boneyard

Get a sh box and get the dealer to fit it. Or take the bike away and use one of the contacts given on this thread.

Try a shout out to BMWMOA and Adventure bike riders.

Hi all,
I've tried to convince Steve (Shakey) to get a burner cell phone, to make contact easier.
He has the contact details for Beemer Boneyard, and I have a localish friend primed.

Just waiting for a reply back

Hi all,
I've tried to convince Steve (Shakey) to get a burner cell phone, to make contact easier.
He has the contact details for Beemer Boneyard, and I have a localish friend primed.

Fingers crossed.

Hi all,

I've pm'd you a couple of people to contact Neil.

Heard from Steve (Shakey) last night.
He's located a good gearbox in Georgia and is currently on a road trip to collect it.

Yes, it’s only 17 yrs old…how dare it.

Defend BeeEmmTroubleYous if you like, but most of my Japanese bikes are between 25 and 48 years old, and none of them have shat their gearboxes. :augie

He's located a good gearbox in Georgia and is currently on a road trip to collect it.

Good news....hopefully he'll get sorted and back to riding his dream trip very soon. :thumb

Hope he’s videoing the whole drama. Could turn his ‘good’ YouTube channel into a ‘great’ one.

Defend BeeEmmTroubleYous if you like, but most of my Japanese bikes are between 25 and 48 years old, and none of them have shat their gearboxes. :augie
Good news....hopefully he'll get sorted and back to riding his dream trip very soon. :thumb

Im sure some Jap bike have shat their gearboxes. I’m not aware that Beemers are any more prone to this than other makes. I thought, especially 1150 boxes were pretty robust.
But, hey ho, so long as he gets back on the road, that’s all that matters.

Cheers Tam, cool dits.

Back
Top Bottom