Shakey unsupervised USA

Last Episode just posted

Got home on Wednesday and slept for two days. Hadn’t realised just how exhausted i was.

It’s been an adventure that i will talk about for years to come but never something that i will attempt again. If you are planning a similar trip do not try and do it solo, it was the biggest mistake i made.

I am definitely going back to do some of these roads again and hit the ones that i missed but it will be done very differently and when the changes that covid has made to the country have eased off and things returned to something like what they were when i first decided to do this.

I hope that you have enjoyed the vlog, putting them together helped me keep my sanity, six weeks talking to yourself is not the best idea i have ever had.

I’ve enjoyed it as far as ep 10, will hopefully watch the rest this weekend. We had already booked our adventure before we started watching yours but have picke£ a few ideas so thanks for going to the effort of vlogging or whatever it’s called.

What were the temperature extremes you endured ?

Got home on Wednesday and slept for two days. Hadn’t realised just how exhausted i was.

It’s been an adventure that i will talk about for years to come but never something that i will attempt again. If you are planning a similar trip do not try and do it solo, it was the biggest mistake i made.

I am definitely going back to do some of these roads again and hit the ones that i missed but it will be done very differently and when the changes that covid has made to the country have eased off and things returned to something like what they were when i first decided to do this.

I hope that you have enjoyed the vlog, putting them together helped me keep my sanity, six weeks talking to yourself is not the best idea i have ever had.

Really enjoyed the videos, thanks for making the effort, did motofreight ever give you an explanation for the USA importation / export/ additional costs you encountered,

Just watched your last vid .
Thoroughly enjoyed them all but sorry you had a torrid time.
When things go wrong, it’s always best to have someone with you to bounce off but I’m not sure doing the trip solo was a mistake .
Just look at someone like Itchy Boots who is currently deep into Guatemala and riding solo off-road down gnarly trails !
But she’s used to her own company and I guess 6 weeks alone is a long time if you haven’t done it before.
Anyway, as you say, you have memories and can go back and do some of the bits you missed but with company next time .

I think you were really unlucky with the bike and weather Shakey which really affected the trip.

I did 3 months more or less on my own in the US and Canada back in 2005 and it was a wonderful experience. Then again, my 1150GSA performed perfectly as did the weather......:cool:

Give yourself a bit of time and you'll look back at all the adventures and you'll be really pleased you did it as many people just talk about it and never get further than Tesco.

Vids were brilliant, made really enjoyable viewing and thanks for sharing them with us.

Anytime you want to go again with company, you'd be more than welcome on one of my trips:thumby:

I enjoyed the series you put together and I think you should take great comfort that its been widely well received. Hopefully your view of the trip will change over time.

I think its only natural to have a bit of a down after such a monumental trip and to have the weather issues, accommodation issues and of course the "transmission" saga would challenge the best of us. But, that's what made it your trip. Sure, not having the mechanical problems and crappy weather in places with not being able to camp as much as you'd hoped changed the course of the trip but I kind of think the unknows are what make the adventure.

It would have been very easy for you to pack up and call it quits at numerous times, many would have, but you didn't, you kept on, you kept moving forward and had some great times. Life is too short for regrets.

I think the point about doing it solo is valid but then there are many solo travelers that go through the USA and more dangerous countries and come out fine the other side. If you do decide to go again (maybe not in April!?) with the wife then I'm sure plenty would tune in to any vids that you would produce again - within reason!

:beerjug:

I enjoyed the series you put together and I think you should take great comfort that its been widely well received. Hopefully your view of the trip will change over time.

I think its only natural to have a bit of a down after such a monumental trip and to have the weather issues, accommodation issues and of course the "transmission" saga would challenge the best of us. But, that's what made it your trip. Sure, not having the mechanical problems and crappy weather in places with not being able to camp as much as you'd hoped changed the course of the trip but I kind of think the unknows are what make the adventure.

It would have been very easy for you to pack up and call it quits at numerous times, many would have, but you didn't, you kept on, you kept moving forward and had some great times. Life is too short for regrets.

I think the point about doing it solo is valid but then there are many solo travelers that go through the USA and more dangerous countries and come out fine the other side. If you do decide to go again (maybe not in April!?) with the wife then I'm sure plenty would tune in to any vids that you would produce again - within reason!

:beerjug:

well said

Fantastic vlog,

Including the high's and lows

the question is ... what next?

Back
Top Bottom