Shakey unsupervised USA

shakey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All

The time has finally arrived after 15 years of planning and preparation.

I retired from the police a few short weeks ago after 30 years service, before that i was a trooper in the Household cavalry. I promised myself if i made it t this day without too much damage the I would make sure that i marked the occasion with a proper adventure.
For 15 years i have had a large map of the USA on my office wall, every time a saw something in the USA that i figured i would like to see I stuck a pin in the map. Now that the time has come i have joined up as many of those pins as i could planning a route from east to west coast. Thanks to Sgt Bilco who has provided valuable advice on seeing the best places and keeping me a little more grounded on what could be achieved. The bike, a 2005 (MINT) GS 1150GS Adventure which i have had for about 8 years with this trip in mind. Thousands spent rebuilding suspension, servicing, mods and spares and its ready to go. Thanks to everyone on this site that has answered all of my daft questions as weLl as sharing such valuable information that helped me make this happen.

The bike haas gone to Moto Freight in Heathrow and is now securely tucked up in a wooden crate will arrive in New York on the 1st of April and my flight lands on the 3rd. Hopefully in just under eight weeks and 8,500 miles i will arrive safely at the dock in Los Angeles to ship it home having made some great memories. No doubt both good and bad.

I have set up a You tube channel called “Shakey unsupervised USA” and plan to post a vlog each Sunday for the next 8/9 weeks. The first video goes out on Sunday the 3rd but check out the intro that’s on there now.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCPE_-z4IJC0dpLdVWTVdVUg

I will post my progress on here but please look up the channel and follow my progress there.

Attachments

• D07B41C0-41E6-473C-B396-DCBD5DBBCA33.jpg
    D07B41C0-41E6-473C-B396-DCBD5DBBCA33.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 933
Best of luck mate . Have a great time and be safe. I will be watching with interest

Good work mate and don't forget to give me a holler if you need help with anything.

Congratulations on your retirement, welcome to the club. Hoping you have a fantastic trip across the USA, not jealous at all.

Brilliant, well done on your retirement, subscribing and looking forward to your adventures :)

Best of luck with the trip. It looks to be an epic adventure on a bike that will compliment it perfectly. So jealous :okay

PS. Subscribed

I did a similar trip ten years ago and the memories are still fresh in my mind. It was for my 50th and it was the best thing I ever did. I would love to do it again. Looking forward to seeing the videos and reading your blog. Take your time, enjoy it, remember every detail and look back on it for years to come. Good luck, all the best for your trip, it sounds like it is well deserved:okay:beerjug:

Have a great adventure Shakey, savour every moment because I am sure it will fly past.

Subscribed and thanks for all of your service :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom