How do I export the GPX record of where I’ve ridden?

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The weekend I used the connect app in the cradle solidly for four days.

On Sunday I left the bmw app running in the background with the trip app in the foreground. It recorded the route fine, even showing where the abs and traction control cut in, but here's the crunch, how do I export the recorded gpx file? Anyone know?

Edit….. cut and edited from another post and thread. https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/577461-Connect-app-hard-use

Won't you simply connect your phone to the PC/Mac, open Basecamp, search for connected devices, then import the file from the phone into Basecamp. That sounds the most logical explanation but possibly it's not going to be that simple, is that what you are saying?

It's even simpler than that, can't see why I didn't see it before, you just hit the three dots in the top right corner then select export gpx file. No need to connect, just airdrop, Simple's

That’s a really good tip, thank you.

Whilst the BMW app is really good at retaining and keeping records of planned trips and recorded journeys, it is good to back them up somewhere else, too. BaseCamp or something like MyRoute are really good for this.

I have been deleting and then reinstalling the Connected app lots of times, when testing the beta version of the app. Each time it has reinstalled all the routes I have created and those I have recorded but backing anything up is still a good idea,

If you have MyRoute installed on your phone, you can save your track by just exporting it from the BMW Connected app into the MyDrive app.

On my iPhone I have created a folder on my iCloud account. I export the track from the BMW Connected app, into the folder. I then use MyDrive to find the folder / file and import it from there. This has the possible advantage of having the track saved on iCloud and on MyRoute, as well as on the BMW Connected app. I doubt if all three will crash or fill up, anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom