Super unleaded Fuel only ?

King55

Reaction score
Hi

since new last June my XR has thrown up a couple of combustion faults
which can be dangerous while on the move as the throttle just switches off and the bike
goes into tickover only and the throttle does nothing.
Can be quiet daunting if you have just got to a roundabout and when you decide to go the throttle does nothing.
Only cure is to turn ignition on and off again. Dispaly say serious engine fault ride carefully to dealer. Not when it wont rev you won't.
like i say switch off and on the fault goes away for a unspecified ammount of time.
Dealer reset the thottle and basically said only run it on 99 octane only.
not good if your stuck in the outback with normal unleaded.

Just woundering if anybody else having problems with 95 fuel?

Love the bike had 3 so far and the other two earlier models were fine.

Dave

The fuel thing is bs imo you have a fault somewhere imo

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

The fuel thing is bs imo you have a fault somewhere imo

I agree. I have owned a S1000XR since 2018. Yes, it is a Gen 1 and I think your bike is a Gen 2 but both models should be able to run on E10 95 RON if 97/99 RON Super unleaded is not available. My bike has had tanks of the E10 crap on many occasions as this was sometimes all that was available in France for many years, and now we have the same in the UK.

I have had this problem.... Twice the throttle potentiometer was replaced but the real cause was the wiring harness had rubbed through and would short out occasionally. Check the wiring harness for damage.

I have had this problem.... Twice the throttle potentiometer was replaced but the real cause was the wiring harness had rubbed through and would short out occasionally. Check the wiring harness for damage.
Did you know where it rubbed through to check. Must admit though on super unleaded the problem seems to go away.

It could be a lot of things...

Back
Top Bottom