Fitting a Zumo XT to a 2021 RT

Budweiser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m looking to fit the above to compliment the Connected App which works well though it’s a bit of a faff IMO.

I could mount it using Ram Mounts but was hoping to fit it above the TFT display (if that’s possible). Has anyone done this or can suggest any other solutions?

I have tubular bar as shown.

Attachments

• 691AAE93-D9B4-4B77-911F-66D56DE4EB05.jpg
    691AAE93-D9B4-4B77-911F-66D56DE4EB05.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 255
I fitted a quad lock that sticks on above the tft screen. Not sure if you can get a fitting for the xt from quad lock though. Mine is for my phone.

BMW have developed a bracket to fit the Nav vi/Zumo XT there.They offered it as a warranty offering for the woeful initial software.

BMW have developed a bracket to fit the Nav vi/Zumo XT there.They offered it as a warranty offering for the woeful initial software.

That's interesting, haven't seen that mentioned on any other forum, lots have come up with different solutions. There is a bracket you can buy that fits where the BMW logo badge is, but that probably won't work with the bars you have.

Thanks all.

Might be able to make the badge fitting work with a little help from Ram?

It would sit well between the handlebar clamps, adjustable forwards/backwards to get you the right angle and be more flat that a Ram type attachment.

Something like this maybe?

If that would do, there's loads of options - google '22mm handlebar clamp for garmin zumo xt'.

Apologies if I have the size wrong, but they do these for all sorts of bar diameter.

It would sit well between the handlebar clamps, adjustable forwards/backwards to get you the right angle and be more flat that a Ram type attachment.

Something like this maybe?

If that would do, there's loads of options - google '22mm handlebar clamp for garmin zumo xt'.

Apologies if I have the size wrong, but they do these for all sorts of bar diameter.

I have one of these mounts for my Tiger 800 22mm bar and works fine.... going to contact him to make me one for my 1200RT which has the 16mm bar mount above the dash and under the screen (currently with a Nav IV fitted). Below is link for the 22mm one , he is based in Darlington and will make what you need. PS. Just checked his other items and he makes zumo XT mounts for 12 and 16mm bars

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garmin-Z...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I can't find the original e-mail but the bracket was available at the dealer at the first service.
I declined to have it fitted as I didn't want them drilling holes in the top of the dash.
I'll check with the dealer to see if they still have it.

My current Zumo XT is fitted to the centre boss on the steerhead.
I took the BMW badge out and fitted something like this https://www.sportouring.co.uk/shop/...ts/bmw_gps-mount-for-bmw-k1200s-and-r-models/

Our Blood Bike group fit (used) Garmin navs above the display on the 2021/22 RTs, but it requires removing a lot of panels and several hours work.

We also found there needs to be about a 10 mm gap between the base of the Garmin screen and the top of the BMW display otherwise the Garmin Nav can play-up if they are in contact with each other. e.g. hanging, not following the route, recalculating etc.

There's a mounting bracket available from FMS Accessories in USA. Here

Thanks PW - if it involves drilling holes I won't bother. Happy with my XT on a Wunderlich extension bolt thingy in the left hand bar.

Back
Top Bottom