Downright Gabbler, Beauly, near Inverness

SimOv

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The risk of recommending somewhere is that it reduces the chance of you being able to get a reservation for yourself...but here goes...

We have stayed at the Downright Gabbler https://downrightgabbler.co.uk/ for 12-14 nights over the last couple of years. It is quite superb, and for someone who has previously taken over 150 room nights per year across UK and Europe, it takes something special to impress me.

There are four 5* self catering apartments with a small kitchenette for self catering, super comfy beds and wonderful showers. It's located in the centre of the village but very quiet and convenient for eating out, and there is a Scotmid in the square for supplies.

In addition to being on the NC500 route, it's a superb base for touring the north of Scotland. Ullapool on the west coast is about an hour away (check out the Seafood Shack!), whilst Skye is about 2hrs, and JoG and Durness are an easy full day loop.

There are occasional special food nights with stories and tasting experiences which are always great fun...and you learn how the Downright Gabbler got its name.

Garry and Jane who run the place are extremely welcoming to bikers and have become personal friends. They have however had a couple of bad experiences by how the rooms have been left after a stay, although I am sure the offenders were not Tossers! We have said that we will recommend their accommodation through this forum, particularly to help their business recover after the challenges of COVID, so if you do stay please say that Simon & Phyllis recommended them.

Enjoy!

Interesting.

I’ll show my good lady later because we’re staying in Beauly one night next week on a random trip just to burn some BA Avios points before I lose them.

We like stopping in Beauly as we travel N-S.

The Old School gift shop is one of her favourite stops.

Back
Top Bottom