Be aware of this ebay seller..... Heads up.

Robbi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have recently had a very bad experience with ebay seller SFCHOMEMARKET. I purchased a" rear wheel fork ball pad cover " ( item number 234272708466.) for the advertised sum of £20.52 with free postage.

They then added on £4.10 postage with no explanation.

The item arrived very late and incomplete and cannot be used, the 60mm dia screw on end cap was missing.

Contacted the seller who offered a £3 refund, keep the item and buy some screws from a local shop.!! And please don't start a claim / dispute with ebay or leave a low number rating

Offer rejected politely, refund offer upped to £7, again offer politely rejected.

Offer now upped to £12, again rejected politely

I requested either a full refund or could they post out an end cap to me.

They have eventually offered a full refund if I post the item back to them at my own cost.!! And please don't start a dispute through ebay or leave a low number rating.

As I have lost all faith in the integrity of this company SFCHOMEMARKET I have once again politely refused their offer.

I've heard nothing further from them so please be wary of using this company / ebay seller for any accessories.

did you not check out the sellers details ?

shenzhen shangren keji youxian gongsi
nanshanqu taoyuanjiedao xili
longzhudadaobei meizhoudasha1409 A
518000 shenzhenshi
China

^^^ that doesn't even look like an address .

i never buy anything i couldn't take back, if i really, really, had too , so nothing from outside Europe.

a seller would be fucking surprised when i turn up to hurl some piece of crap through their window.

a seller with 211,000 things on eBay , did that not ring alarm bells ? ( Jack of all trades, master of none)

I did, yes.

The returns address given is....

One world express
One world house
Pump lane
Hayes
UB3 3NB

Unfortunately I think you could well be right but I'll give them a try on Monday.

The fact still remains to be very wary of this ebay seller. SFCHOMEMARKET.

About 5 years ago got caught out on E Bay with a UK advertised company that may have had a UK address but were definitely based in China as I later found out , bought a go pro mount for a r1200gsa and what turns up. A radiator guard for an MT07, they tried to blame me for ordering the wrong item and then claimed the item sent out had the wrong part nos on the box.
It did not it was clearly marked as being an MT07 rad guard.

They wanted photographic proof of alll of the above ,which I provided including a copy of the original ad etc, then they wanted me to pay the return p and p plus p and p for the correct item.

I politely declined as it was their fault, they then wanted all of the evidence again and said I could just pay the return postage and packaging , all of the time asking that I did not leave negative feedback.

Got it sorted in the end but I now check and double check if there is a a Chinese sellers address and will not buy from them , similarly twice since I have purchased items allegedly from the UK and then received a confirmation from China so have cancelled the transaction and informed E Bay.

Too much hassle

All sounds very familiar

What sounds familiar is, you've a piece of crap, bought off eBay from a Chinese seller and are about a tenner out of pocket.

And you think WE should be warned :D

£24.62 actually.

It's nor really about the money, it's about the dreadful customer / after sales service

From my first ever transaction on eBay, I never bought anything I wasn't prepared to suffer a 100% loss on
Using this approach, I am quids in. I have bought so many electronic components I have lost count, at a fraction of the cost of a UK sellers rip off prices

Just forget the money then, and give them shite feedback.

Exactly what I did��. They then had the feedback removed within the hour �� so posting on forums like this is the only way I have of making folks aware of what they're like to do business with.

From my first ever transaction on eBay, I never bought anything I wasn't prepared to suffer a 100% loss on
Using this approach, I am quids in. I have bought so many electronic components I have lost count, at a fraction of the cost of a UK sellers rip off prices

I have also had some very good deals with items of just as good quality as branded aftermarket items, it's just this sellers awful attitude that really bugs me and they don't deserve our custom.

£24.62 actually.

It's nor really about the money, it's about the dreadful customer / after sales service

To be fair, you can't buy from these sellers and expect any better.

It is ALWAYS about the money. Not the money lost, the money saved, which motivates anyone to buy from China.

That saving comes with risk, usually no item, shite item, missing part of item, postage delays, crap comms, etc., etc., etc...

To be fair, you can't buy from these sellers and expect any better.

It is ALWAYS about the money. Not the money lost, the money saved, which motivates anyone to buy from China.

That saving comes with risk, usually no item, shite item, missing part of item, postage delays, crap comms, etc., etc., etc...

I reckon I might just have learnt my lesson with this, it's a shame really as some of the stuff I've had from China have been very good and certainly fit for purpose.

This item sums it up perfectly, the machining, fit and finish on the parts that I did get is great, if I had got the complete item it would have been spot on...... But...

When did people start resorting to E bay for good customer service ?

Want cheap

Pay cheap and accept all that goes with cheap

Because face to face over the counter purchases are getting harder and harder, on Friday I drove 35 miles to a tool supplier after checking their website to make sure the items were in stock and their opening times.

When I get there a big sign on building states that the trade counter is closed and now by appointment only (not mentioned on their website) , as their number is in the building I rang up and guess what , you cannot ring up for an appointment it has to be done online and there were no slots available on Friday.

Wasted journey and wasted 70 miles worth of diesel, bought the same items cheaper from E Bay and they will be here on Tuesday

And there is the problem, I feel your frustration Sir.

Because face to face over the counter purchases are getting harder and harder, on Friday I drove 35 miles to a tool supplier after checking their website to make sure the items were in stock and their opening times.

When I get there a big sign on building states that the trade counter is closed and now by appointment only (not mentioned on their website) , as their number is in the building I rang up and guess what , you cannot ring up for an appointment it has to be done online and there were no slots available on Friday.

Wasted journey and wasted 70 miles worth of diesel, bought the same items cheaper from E Bay and they will be here on Tuesday

Agree, and this has happened to me...It's about time some businesses woke up.

Agree, and this has happened to me...It's about time some businesses woke up.

Exactly what I'm saying, customer service is shocking but SFCHOMEMARKET appears to be particularly bad.

Back
Top Bottom