Sorry travel insurance again

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What a nightmare!

Going to the Pico's via France, about 15 days in total. A few quoting cover for bikes then small print says "personal liability and personal accident cover" not included. :nenau

So after hours on the interweb, what ya got people please? :rob any help appreciated.

TD
:thumb2

Cornmarket Belfast may help https://www.cornmarketinsurance.co.uk/adelaide-motorbike-insurance/ You get to speak to an actual human personage wot speaks Ingerlish an that. Wait times very low in my experience. No pressure to buy either - they seem keen for your business but not pushy and happy to leave you to mull things over etc.

They seem to understand bikes and have some real experience as opposed to a chimp in a call centre working from a script who starts guessing as soon as you ask anything even remotely off script. They do travel insurance too so if the two departments join up (??) you might get what you are after and have some comfort it will meet your needs. You still need to read the small print though...

Direct Line have also been helpful in my experience (albeit they don't do bike insurance).

I'm a right grumpy s*d when it comes to schizzle like insurance which mostly gets on my flabby tats meaning I'm not usually easily pleased, so these recommendations aren't given lightly FWIW.

Good luck

Carole Nash

Spoken to them and they cover over 125cc

£96.35 for 12 days....... Under activities, Motor cycles are covered under the standard package.

Hope this helps others.....what a nightmare it is now, don't fall foul of the 125cc rule! bet many could have. :rob

TD
:thumb2

Over 125s ARE covered if it is your means of transport and you left your home in the UK on it (or words to that effect).

I've also used holidaysafe in the past. Now use the packaged insurance that comes with my bank account. Approx £120 for the year, that gives me European Breakdown for all our vehicles and annual travel Insurance including winter sports and motorbikes (on road).

No travel insurance policy covers personal accident cover unless you add it as a bolt on. This is not the same as medical cover after an accident. Personal accident cover is compensation after an injury for things like loss of earnings or loss of utility from losing a leg. These are often included as a bolt on with a vehicle policy.

With regards the personal liability, is this in connection with a vehicle? If so, you have personal liability (third party) cover in the vehicle policy. Excluding personal liability when driving is again, industry standard.

JS Insurance Services,
When my other half slipped and broke her leg while on a biking holiday in the Cevennes region, JS were fantastic. They sorted and paid for everything including 2 seats on the aircraft so she could keep her leg elevated. It is no exaggeration when I say they paid for everything except my initial call to them. I can't praise them high enough!

Back
Top Bottom