Merseyside hotel, b&b needed

Rick 1600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Going to Anfield on June 9th to see the Stones. Anyone know any reasonably priced hotels or b&bs?
We are going on the bike so I need safe parking. I’m from New Brighton originally (30 years ago) so somewhere there or maybe Waterloo Crosby area would be ideal.
Even better near a railway station to get back at night.

Thanks for any help, Rick

Forget New Brighton mate.
It'd take at least an hour to get there using public transport, and coming back you'd have to leave before the gig finished in the hope of making your connections.
Also, if you missed any, a taxi would cost a fortune.

When you lived in New Brighton 30 years ago, everything seemed ok on the Wirral but Liverpool seemed a no-go area.
Well, it's turned around now, and Liverpool, especially the city centre, is very cosmopolitan and touristy.
There are several places on the Riverfront that might suit you, subject to checking for bike parking and costs, of course.
Waterloo and Crosby might be better but check train times.

Check availabilities ASAP too, if a big gig is on.

If you're totally stuck I'm Wirral based near a train station, and am off work that night, so can offer a room for two with off the road bike parking.

Plenty in Southport ,that's on the main Liverpool train line , 40 min journey ,you would jump off at Bankhall station then its a 10/15 min walk up to the ground. Bliss hotel on the prom is one of the most fashionable or there's a five star one On Lord st, The Vincent , then there's the usual B and Bs ,not sure on your budget

Hey fella’s, thanks for the replies and Quattroformaggio, thank you for the use of your home!

I think I’ve found an old friend of a friend in Crosby who’s working away for a few months.
I should be able to get a train to Waterloo and then a short walk. I’ll find out the times Of the last couple of trains.

Once again, thanks for your help and generosity. Rick.

Hi. I've stayed at the Alicia Hotel, Sefton Park. It has a car park at the rear out of sight. Just a short walk to the 26/27 bus which will take you directly to Anfield. Nice overlooking Sefton Park. Rob.

Back
Top Bottom