New TMAX Tech Max

Sat on one yesterday . They have changed the bike a lot . The seat now makes it seemed cramped and the foot boards are narrower . It looked good but my knees hit the bars . Shame

Narrower seems to be de rigueur at the moment.
The new Burgman is much slimmer than my 2014 version with a subsequent loss of storage space.
The Suzuki dealer tells me this is because of complaints from pillion passengers that the wider seat on the old bikes made it uncomfortable for them.

Went to look at the discounted 21 model on Tuesday, ended up with a great deal on a tracer 9 GT, picked up yesterday in the rain, good value. Maybe wait till the new max is settled in a year and get one then

Yep, I went looking at scooters in March and almost bought a Tracer as they're a lot of bike for the money. In the end we couldn't agree a deal which was a shame.
Congratulations on your new bike.

I recently returned from a tour of N.Spain, where every other bike I saw was a Tmax or other large scoot. Wondering what all the fuss was about I went over to Yamaha to try one out. Having never ridden a scooter before, I didn't know what to expect, but within minutes I was hooked. The 2022 Tmax is a revelation! It was like going back to the 70s when I could ride a bike at 9 tenths of its capability, not just a fraction of what it can do. It's quick , but not arm wrenching, getting up to 80 mph rapidly.
It's got most of the tech you would find on a £20k bmw, and for once there is a definite difference between the 2 riding modes. Sport is a lot sharper than Tour. The electric screen is better than my K1600 and I came away thinking I would have no problems taking the Tmax to Spain next time.
Above all it was a lot of fun. Something that I haven't had much of on large tourers the last 10 years. Needless to say I've ordered one, with the large top box. If the price puts you off, the dealer reduced it by £500 straight away. Ride one and you will see where the money is. Loads of tech and a superb build quality.

I recently returned from a tour of N.Spain, where every other bike I saw was a Tmax or other large scoot. Wondering what all the fuss was about I went over to Yamaha to try one out. Having never ridden a scooter before, I didn't know what to expect, but within minutes I was hooked. The 2022 Tmax is a revelation! It was like going back to the 70s when I could ride a bike at 9 tenths of its capability, not just a fraction of what it can do. It's quick , but not arm wrenching, getting up to 80 mph rapidly.
It's got most of the tech you would find on a £20k bmw, and for once there is a definite difference between the 2 riding modes. Sport is a lot sharper than Tour. The electric screen is better than my K1600 and I came away thinking I would have no problems taking the Tmax to Spain next time.
Above all it was a lot of fun. Something that I haven't had much of on large tourers the last 10 years. Needless to say I've ordered one, with the large top box. If the price puts you off, the dealer reduced it by £500 straight away. Ride one and you will see where the money is. Loads of tech and a superb build quality.

£500 reduction? That won't be Webbs then.

Ive just ordered one will be delivered Either Thursday or Friday loved the little 350 ADV but judst had to do it !!

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSCN5393.jpg
    thumbnail_DSCN5393.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 171
Best Colour . Be interested to see what you think . love a T max but previous model roomier for me . Lets see it when you get it . Oh and don't paint the wheels ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I remember people saying that about my first 1150GS when they first come out, funny what we get used to !!

Rob

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I remember people saying that about my first 1150GS when they first come out, funny what we get used to !!

Rob

I guess so...............Very large frontal area, viewed from the side

Honda's look nicer

Looks uglier than Honda's offerings....

It’s not, in the petrol blue colour it’s a good looking thing.
I’ve got the old model 560 and like someone said it seemed a bit cramped to me(6 4”) which is a shame, I really fancied one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I wouldnt give a cup of cold piss fot the DCT gearbox's hence I sold my 22 plate X-ADV great bike apart from the gearbox and spoke wheels,
if the Adv had the power of the Xadv with the CVT gearbox that would be in the garage for sure !!

ive never known anyone to buy so many new bikes !!!!! it truly is unbelievable:D . its a never ending carousel of buy it ,bling it ,sell it .:confused:

Your here for a good time not a long time, I do the same with cars and vans !! O and Mountain bikes, the kids are very shocked they are still here lol

ive never known anyone to buy so many new bikes !!!!! it truly is unbelievable:D . its a never ending carousel of buy it ,bling it ,sell it .:confused:

I thought the same too, but Rob’s choice (must be 10 this year, so far)

I couldn’t be arsed bolting stuff on all the time to a new steed, then selling it in a heartbeat

However if that’s his thing, so be it

Back
Top Bottom