New TMAX Tech Max

Great looking bike. Never looked at the big scooters before but I'm without a bike at the minute and they're starting to look tempting.

Great bikes the new one must be superb. I love my maxi scooters, can’t tempt me away from my old Mk3 Tmax500 with its encased chain drive, my daily chariot.

Costs pennies to run, maintain it myself every 3k, variator belt every 8k, nikasil linered engine should outlast me. Tuned it with a malossi yellow compensator spring and a set of dr pulleys 16g profiled variator weights.

I had it up for sale recently but the buyer pulled out, now in hindsight I’m glad he did and I’m keeping it.

Well I'm very jealous. FWIW I much prefer the look of the Yamaha but to each their own. And good for you and your excellent attitude to life as well.

8640a3c772180b70633b543ecc35d5fe.jpg

With a top box plus the underseat storage it really is the fastest way to get me and my stuff where I need to be. Cuts through urban traffic like a knife through butter, easily breaks the speed limit without trying, handles better than it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Tmax, never ridden one but they have a certain appeal for me and thousands of Europeans can’t be wrong!

Cheers Fellas
the bike is leaving the dealers at 9:30 tomorrow morning should be here by 1:30 hopefully ill get a g on it in the afternoon, Ill let you know what I think and post a couple of pictures

Rob

Ok bike arrived and it looked very nice, went out for a quick 30ish mile ride and to be honest I think the hype is all true, its quick Handles really well, comfi, the heated grips are ok but not oxford/BMW hot, heated seat and electric screen are both handy, phone,music and Garmin maps work great but as usual dont work with the Fekking Iphone so have to use a Samsung on the bike so have to forward all calls to the Samsung when riding the bike Exactly the same as on the 1250GS which really pisses me off !!
the bike looks really well screwed together and finished well, and looks to be easily maintained with Air filter replacement taking only a few minutes, oil filter easily accessable as is the sump plug, proper swing arm and rear axle so removing the wheels is the same as a normal motorbike unlike the Vespa and the 350Adv where you have to remove the exhaust shock and one side of the swing arm, back lights are really nice looking and very bright as are the indicators the headlights are like lazer beams, the TFT dash is lovely and although the menue's are a little bit of a faf to get to the music to turn the volume up/down move the screen put heated grips / seat on or adjust it wont take long to get used to.
All in all its a really lovely machine is it wirth £12,700 absolutely not, when you look at the NT1100, GSXS1000GT and alike no its not, if you want a super scooter with all the toys thats reliable and you can go to work on all week, go out for a razz on sunday then take the Mrs touring then maybe

is it a keeper keep an eye on the non GS bikes for sale section in about a month or so

Now lets order a Denali Split hooter, Small numberplate, rear rack, top box, full Arrow systen, Yamaha Speed Block Stickers in black, Grey Rim stickers, Front Spot lights, O and a matching Grey Flip front Lid

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0949.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0949.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 296
  • thumbnail_IMG_0950.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0950.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 293
  • thumbnail_IMG_0951.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0951.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 294
  • thumbnail_IMG_0953.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0953.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 296
  • thumbnail_IMG_0952.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0952.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 305
Looks nice. Not my thing but I know people rave about them. I have to ask where do you put all the gear for two up touring ?

Ooh! I do like that sir! Very nice indeed, looking forward to the ongoing reports on this.

You must travel light. I would need a trailer if the girlfriend was coming. ;)

Blaming the other half, that's rich ????!!!!!!!

I've seen the pictures of you setting off for Dent (it might have been a rally) Harley PILED HIGH with 'stuff' - More 'stuff' than I even own :D

Each to his own eh?...:thumb2

Edit. What a brilliant scooter, the absolute dog's. Pushing £13K though, Jesus I'm getting old....:(

Blaming the other half, that's rich ????!!!!!!!

I've seen the pictures of you setting off for Dent (it might have been a rally) Harley PILED HIGH with 'stuff' - More 'stuff' than I even own :D

Each to his own eh?...:thumb2

Edit. What a brilliant scooter, the absolute dog's. Pushing £13K though, Jesus I'm getting old....:(

Yup I don't travel light. And absolutely each to there own.

All in all its a really lovely machine is it wirth £12,700 absolutely not, when you look at the NT1100, GSXS1000GT and alike no its not,

So, for solo riding and bearing in mind our 70mph-limited isle, what do the NT1100 and GS1000GT do that the T-Max can't?

Well we have one on our fleet 2018 model, not the most popular bike and I am not a fan. But if we were all the same then life would be boring :)

Little ride this morning bike goes really well not as comfortable as the Adv350 handlebars are a lot lower and not as wide which is a pain, underseat nowhere as big as the Adv350 either seat height, infact the whole bike feels lower than the Adv although foot boards seem higher, no problem with feet touching down sort of on the balls of my feet.

Fitted the Yamaha speed block stickers yesterday as picture'd and when I got home today the Alarm, Wheel stickers, optimate lead, and twin USB for under the seat was here so fitted all that, also ordered the top box rack, top box plate, top box, top box colour coded side plates and lock, £520.00 with delivery !!
fucking expensive for a top box !! although the Adv one was £699:eek:

Out on it tomorrow with a mate on a Yamaha T7 so will see how it compaires although I am aware they are different bikes before someone chirps in !!
Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0957.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0957.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 228
  • thumbnail_IMG_0959.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0959.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 228
The lack of underseat storage space was the only issue for me when I looked at one. None of the modern scoots have the space that my 14 plater Burger has.

Edit: As a matter of interest how does the sat nav work? Is it through an app on the phone or standalone arrangement like the BMW Nav V etc?

Back
Top Bottom