connect cradle and iPhone compatibility

WShep

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've already sent a e-mail to Motorrad but not yet received an answer, so thought I'd throw out the same question to the masses.

Before I go down the route (pardon the pun) and/or spend money on a connect cradle, I wanted to know if it's compatible with my iPhone SE? I read the blurb that states the iPhone SE 2 is indeed compatible but no mention of mine.

I only upgraded to this phone in February so don't want to change again (because of additional cost) and I'm an old fart that moves slowly with change.

So, my question is has anyone else tried (with success) to connect the SE to the cradle?

Thanks in advance.

Not tried but the minimum size specified is 130x65mm. The Apple website says the SE1 is only 124x59 so chances are it’s too small to be gripped by the mount and it will fall out. You could put it in a separate mount (quad lock etc.) as it only needs Bluetooth to the cradle to work and you could charge it from the USB port, but it sort of defeats the point of it.

I’d also recommend getting something with as big a screen as you can so you can see it clearly - I’ve just bought a secondhand X just to use for nav (to avoid breaking the camera on my main phone) and it works nicely.

Thanks for the reply Darthdicky.
I didn't get a reply to my emails to Motorrad unfortunately but as I was taking my bike in for service last week I ask the chaps at Alan Jeffries about the connect cradle and the compatibility, sure enough it does work, my mobile was fitted to a demonstrator (bike) in the showroom and a quick demonstration was given.
10minutes later my questions were all answered and 200 dabs handed over for a cradle of my own. I've used it successfully so far on a couple of local/simple runs and up to now it's proving to be good.

PS. The unit also charges my mobile as its supposed to:).

Back
Top Bottom