Morocco Ferry Update

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
Following the announcement of a gradual resumption of ferry services between Europe and Morocco, the Ministry of Transportation and Logistics has invited all ferry companies to resume services to Morocco from Spain, France and Italy.

In addition a new health protocol has been published. This is ONLY valid for travel by sea and not for travel by air.

1. Passenger's health form, to be downloaded online before boarding (also distributed on board the ship), duly completed;

AND

2. Valid anti-COVID-19 vaccination passport according to the requirements of the country of origin.

OR

3. Negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours (time between collection and registration).

However, the sudden announcement has caught many ferry companies and European ports unprepared for a return to passenger travel.

GNV and La Meridionale are currently selling tickets for sailings from the 14th April from Sete, Marseille, Genoa and Barcelona.

FRS, Balearia and Trasmedittereanea all show no availability.

The Port Authority of Algeciras has announced that its is currently unable to resume passenger services. They will meet on Monday 11th April to review the situation and advise when services can resume.

No news on the other Spanish ports but I expect and similar situation.

All round great news for overland travel in West Africa but still a little way from normal just yet.

Attachments

• 6677F124-6EC7-47AD-AD7A-8E446D010253.jpeg
    6677F124-6EC7-47AD-AD7A-8E446D010253.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 161
That is good news and another clear sign that the pandemic is on its way out, thankfully.

I have only been to Morocco twice by motorbike, each time on Steptoe’s Dashes. I had a good time on both and would recommend it to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom