Hotel Enzian - Austria - Landeck

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I can highly recommend this place as a base for a motorcycling holiday in Austria :

https://www.motorrad-hotel.com/en/motorbike-hotels-official-hotels/hotel-enzian

It’s not the cheapest of places, but the accommodation includes a great range of choices for breakfast, and 3 course evening meals. There is also an on site workshop with resident BMW trained mechanic, and it has the current range of BMW bikes that you can hire for a day/week/whatever.

I’m in the planning stages of a trip in July. When I say planning, I mean me and Our Lass will go to the pub and discuss where we want to go and take it from there. The Hotel Enzian have their own Road book, with much of this tour included, but not joined up as this is. If you leave your gps at reception, they’ll download them for you. Although whenever I ride in the Alps, I still use a route book that a certain someone on here sent me, and then declined payment for.

Have stayed in the Enzian and most of the other partner hotels in the Bike Together family. Prefer the Weisseespitze to the Enzian. Its a bit further west if you want to ride the Stelvio or Swiss passes. Gran Paradis, Mondschein ins the Dolomites and Sonnegg near the Grooslockner are also nice.

Have stayed in the Enzian and most of the other partner hotels in the Bike Together family. Prefer the Weisseespitze to the Enzian. Its a bit further west if you want to ride the Stelvio or Swiss passes. Gran Paradis, Mondschein ins the Dolomites and Sonnegg near the Grooslockner are also nice.

We have tried both, and would recommend either of them. Had great holidays based around each of them fairly recently. Cheers

I have stayed at the Enzian and Weisseespitze. I'd use them again but my favourite hotel in the Tyrol is just down the road in Nauders - used it a few times, first one on the way home from the UKGSer Dolomite tour a decade ago. Still owned by the same Ploner family https://www.hochland.at/ - really good food. It's very close to the point where Austria has a triple border point with Italy & Switzerland.

As for the Enzian, I think Klaus' rideouts into the roads in the Hahntenjoch may have something to do with the introduction of motorcycle bans and low speed limits!

We've tried a few in the Group - all good, probably vote the Weisseespitze the best yet, given it's rural situation.

It's a shame the Simonhof pulled the plug a few years back, chasing Dutch investor (ski appartments) money. - anyone remember the delectable Margit?

I have stayed at the Enzian and Weisseespitze. I'd use them again but my favourite hotel in the Tyrol is just down the road in Nauders - used it a few times, first one on the way home from the UKGSer Dolomite tour a decade ago. Still owned by the same Ploner family https://www.hochland.at/ - really good food. It's very close to the point where Austria has a triple border point with Italy & Switzerland.

As for the Enzian, I think Klaus' rideouts into the roads in the Hahntenjoch may have something to do with the introduction of motorcycle bans and low speed limits!

It’s not the ride outs that are the biggest danger to your licence, it’s the copious amount of schnapps they keep pouring if your amongst the last few in the bar approaching closing time.

Definitely worth the money though.

Back
Top Bottom