Chilli heated waistcoat connector

Steve Peake

Does anyone else use Chilli heated clothing?

I've had mine for 3 years now, and love it. However, the 2 pin connector that plugs into the waistcoat has started to cause problems. The tiny grub screw that holds the +ve lead has started to strip. I've managed to just catch it back in, but it's only a matter of time before it goes totally - probably on the next sub-zero morning.

Does anyone know what these connectors are called? Farnell & RS websites are rubbish unless you know what you're looking for. I've tried calling Chilli, but they are in Milan at the bike show and won't be back for some time.

This is what it looks like:
chilliconnector.jpg

Cheers

Steve.

Steve

Try Calamander who stock Chili stuff - very obliging and sent me some of these freebie with a another order.

If you really struggle, PM me your address as I have a couple spare knocking about and I can send you one.............

Thanks Mark - but Calamander & Chilli are the same company.

Managed to get in touch with them this afternoon, and they are sending me some out FOC - damn good service for a 3 year old piece of kit.

Thanks for the help.

Gypsy - thanks for the advice, but I was trying to avoid hacking the waistcoat apart. My soldering is OK, but my sewing is absolutely shocking!

cheers

Steve

Steve Peake said:
I've tried calling Chilli, but they are in Milan at the bike show and won't be back for some time.

Steve.

They're back - I spoke to Sean at Chilli today.

Greg

Chilli

....Does the Chilli heated vest work on the 12GS as Stnd, or will I have to wire it straight to the battery???

Back
Top Bottom