iPhone adapter plate

Markinaboat

Reaction score
Hi,

Fairly new here so hope I've not posted in the wrong section.

Have recently bought my first 1200GS (2018 TE) and although it has the TFT screen, am aware that an adapter plate is available to take iphones. It would make sense to get this as I have the 13 Pro Max but wondered if this adapter mount on the standard Nav mounting could cause camera damage due to vibrations?

If anyone has/does use this, then I'd be greatful for any feedback/reassurance.

Many thanks

Hi try Quadlock with anti damping add on, had mine for two years with IPhones no issues

K

Two of us went to Scotland last year and I took my iPhone 8 mounted in one of the cheap adapters that fits in the Nav mount. My phone broke on the trip. Another member on here had his phone on the same trip mounted on the bars without anti vibe and his screen broke. On the day after we returned apple released a note stating iPhones can be damaged by motorbike vibrations.

So in summary either buy the correct bmw cradle for the Nav mount or the anti vibe quadlock kit.

Hope this helps, Barry

Hi,

Fairly new here so hope I've not posted in the wrong section.

Have recently bought my first 1200GS (2018 TE) and although it has the TFT screen, am aware that an adapter plate is available to take iphones. It would make sense to get this as I have the 13 Pro Max but wondered if this adapter mount on the standard Nav mounting could cause camera damage due to vibrations?

If anyone has/does use this, then I'd be greatful for any feedback/reassurance.

Many thanks

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I have considered this but as the bike has the nav mount thought I'd look into this.

I assume you are thinking of adding the BMW ConnectedRide Cradle, which clips into the standard BMW navigation device mount?

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/a...mmunication/1542248-connectedride-cradle.html

If so, it is very good but it has one big drawback….. it will not charge your iPhone 13 Pro Max, as the new phone’s new wireless charging system is not backwards compatible. To use the ConnectedRide Cradle, I have to use my spare iPhone 11 Pro Max, which I can confirm does charge, as the earlier phone’s wireless charging is compatible.

There are stories on the internet (aren’t there always) that Apple is going to fix the problem but I have no idea if the stories are true. Until and if they do, I’m obliged to use my earlier phone.

Back
Top Bottom