Keis vest compatible battery packs ?

Flipper_Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is anyone successfully using a compatible battery pack to the KEIS LITHIUM BATTERY 5200 MAH ?
They seem awfully expensive (£104 with charger) for a 12v battery pack !

I have the Keis one, 12 years old and still good.

Buy cheap. buy twice, as the saying goes:rob

I have the Keis one, 12 years old and still good.

Buy cheap. buy twice, as the saying goes:rob
Very true, I use that saying on a regular basis (mostly to the wife regarding biking stuff...).

Have you got the larger capacity (5200mah) one or the smaller one? Looks like the smaller one will only do 3hrs or so for a vest and I was hoping for a little longer.
Mind you - the larger one looks like a right 'brick' and I'm not sure how that will impact the ribs of I have an 'off'. The mobile phone used to concern me - this is likely to surgically remove ribs in a fall !

Mine is 4400mah, which has comfortably lasted 3 hours, never tried to use it longer than that. It has 5 heat settings, always used it on the hottest setting on the bike, which equates to something like low to medium setting when plugged into the bikes battery. A lower setting does Ok when fishing on a cold day, for example.

It also fits unobtrusively in the vests internal pocket, never had the feeling it would shatter my ribs in a tumble.....not that I want to put that to the test!

I went for the Keis bigger battery in the end. Arrived yesterday and very impressed. I was worried it might be a typical China copy/poor construction but it does look like a quality unit. Not used in anger as yet, that’ll be in May in Scotland…….or now Ive bought the vest and the battery - it’ll be 20degrees every day…. Either way, money well spent !

Back
Top Bottom