Otterburn Ranges next week.

Teeonethousand

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi…thinking of popping up from Yorkshire and try to explore the Ranges. I have checked for firing times and They are not firing next week. Could anybody please advise best place to get on, best routes if any etc etc for a blast. I assume we are only allowed on Tarmac roads?

Thanks in advance

Hi…thinking of popping up from Yorkshire and try to explore the Ranges. I have checked for firing times and They are not firing next week. Could anybody please advise best place to get on, best routes if any etc etc for a blast. I assume we are only allowed on Tarmac roads?

Thanks in advance

Remember those ranges and area well from my army days back in 1978!
Bloody cold, bloody wet, bloody windy!!! Similar in winter too!!

Coquet Valley is a good ride, mostly broken tarmac and wee bit of gravel on the range roads

Have fun

Remember those ranges and area well from my army days back in 1978!
Bloody cold, bloody wet, bloody windy!!! Similar in winter too!!

Sennybridge is worse !

When the Army were buying land for training areas they looked at the places with the greatest cloud cover and rainfall so satelites couldnt see :D

Otterburn and Sennybridge are locations that send shivers down my spine even now

A good place to get on the ranges is on the A68, a few miles south of Carter Bar. You'll see the Border Forest park on the left, there's a sign indicating right turn to Cottonhope ranges, just turn in there and have a wander around. If you go right through to the eastern side it isn't far to Rothbury, if you need food etc.

A good place to get on the ranges is on the A68, a few miles south of Carter Bar. You'll see the Border Forest park on the left, there's a sign indicating right turn to Cottonhope ranges, just turn in there and have a wander around. If you go right through to the eastern side it isn't far to Rothbury, if you need food etc.

Called in this afternoon on the way back from a few days in Scotland and did as per the kind suggestion above. Really enjoyed it and will definately plan a longer day sometime soon.

Thanks again all.

Back
Top Bottom