2019 R1250RT recall notice

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys,

I got a recall notice from BMW a couple of weeks ago, now I've gone & lost the letter.

Called my local dealer, to be told there are no recalls outstanding on my bike. From memory, I think it referred to rear drive flange, I may be wrong though.

Anyone else had a recent recall notice for the 1250 ?

Guys,

I got a recall notice from BMW a couple of weeks ago, now I've gone & lost the letter.

Called my local dealer, to be told there are no recalls outstanding on my bike. From memory, I think it referred to rear drive flange, I may be wrong though.

Anyone else had a recent recall notice for the 1250 ?

Are you sure that it was not for a previous 1200RT?

Nothing received.

Such a rarity for a recall notice on BMW motorcycles (detect sarcasm)

I took my R1200rt (2007) into BMW to have the factory alarm fitted. I asked for a check of recalls as it was a new bike to me, and they printed out no recalls! I checked when I got back home myself and found 2 outstanding, the fuel connection to the tank crack and leaking issue (replaced entire pump assy-safety) and the rear alloy hub replacement (safety). Still awaiting the recalls for the final drive leaking because they forgot to design a breather causing premature wear and Final Drive failures, driveshaft failures due to no servicing lube instructions, ABS pump not working due to stuck brushes, and the fuel strip issue...

One of my old IAM group members had the alloy hub go on him in France at 80mph, he was lucky to be alive.

Just checked mine - outstanding since 2010 leaking brake pipes! FFS BMW!

Gov link to recalls -
https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make

When I took my 2007 RT for the fuel line crack issue, the idiot on the service at Park Lane couldn't understand why BMW had responsibility for recalling older bikes...

When I took my 2007 RT for the fuel line crack issue, the idiot on the service at Park Lane couldn't understand why BMW had responsibility for recalling older bikes...

Guess they never rode a motorcycle and had the risk of a fire/explosion using it. Or the rear wheel flying off killing a couple in Spain due to alloy hubs cracking, right what is safety! I read somewhere the other day that BMW is looking at the fuel pipes from the pressure regulator to the injector after cracks were found on pipes due to vibration - watch this space.

Back
Top Bottom