2009 XR1200?

Most of the ones I see are fairly low mileage as well, like under 20k. I talked to the owner of the one for sale in the link. He is a 69 year old geezer (LOL about my age) had an F650 GS that he felt was too tall and found this XR1200 in an estate sale. It had been sitting unridden for a few years and needed a new fuel pump assembly, he said it now starts right up and runs well. He likes the lower seat height but would like something a little lighter. He's located in Ohio but unfortunately for me the western side so around 350 miles each way, a long day to drive there and back.

I have a habit of making impulse decisions, I'm aware of the problem, so I forced myself to hold off for week or so. After pondering wether or not to buy an XR1200 for a week I came to the conclusion that I don't really need a bike like that, or any other bike for that matter. But thank you all for your words of wisdom.

I have a habit of making impulse decisions, I'm aware of the problem, so I forced myself to hold off for week or so. After pondering wether or not to buy an XR1200 for a week I came to the conclusion that I don't really need a bike like that, or any other bike for that matter. But thank you all for your words of wisdom.
Very wise. I have too often fallen for temptation and lost money needlessly.

On the other hand, don't forget what Shakespeare's King Lear said: "Oh, reason not the need! Our basest beggars are in the poorest things superfluous."

Back
Top Bottom