New Shoei Neotec 2 - which Intercom?

I have not created a spreadsheet to compare, battery life, range, how many other bikermates it can or cannot speak to or whether it will pick up signals from Jupiter, as I really don’t care.

Why would you want to create a spreadsheet ?
When you purchase something, You dont research it to see its specifications, Whether its what you need ?

What part ? The spreadsheet, or the Fact you dont research a new product ?

Here’s a happy compromise between:

A. Stuff integrated into a helmet

B. Stuff stuck on the outside

https://ultimateear.com/product/soundear-pro-bluetooth-motorcyclist/

I have a set on order, to go with my new Shoei Neotech, which will have:

A. No stuff integrated into the helmet

B. Nothing stuck on the outside

I have also ordered up a pair of their bog standard, no audio earplugs, as my existing ones had got a bit long in the tooth.

I have not created a spreadsheet to compare, battery life, range, how many other bikermates it can or cannot speak to or whether it will pick up signals from Jupiter, as I really don’t care.

That isn't a compromise. It is a completely different topic.

EDIT: I missed the joke, but I always do because he's the most unfunny bloke on the internet.

That isn't a compromise. It is a completely different topic.

EDIT: I missed the joke, but I always do because he's the most unfunny bloke on the internet.

I fekin love this place. Makes I larrfff

:jes

For simply pointing out that the 50s is a newer more sophisticated unit, I'm a prat, and a prat too for wearing a Comms device on the side of the helmet. I don't take any of it personally of course. It seems the thing to do here is be insulting and start an argument, and always the same old people.

REF the BT. Initially the 20s wouldn't work with TFT in the very early days, until BMW adjusted the settings. A2DP works great across the board now. As well as AptX, But it took time.

I really don’t care if the 50s is better than the SRL unit in the Neotec 2.All I know is that the SRL works seamlessly.It also connects every time to the TFT on my KTM.Who cares if the Bluetooth isn’t the latest version ? It works.
I don’t want a non-waterproof unit stuck on my helmet as I have no wish to have 7 mates gabbling in my ear hole.If this is a deal-breaker for you then crack on.
The OP was asking about which intercom and I , and quite a few others were saying that the SRL kit works very well,plus of course it’s integrated.
Depends what you want from an intercom.
I simply want to play music and be able to take the odd call.I can also talk to my pillion when I have one or pair with a mate with similar when riding together.
I’ve tried a multiple-bike system and it was shite,plus I really don’t want all the chatter when riding.That’s what coffee stops are for.
We’ve done an Asturias trip for the last half dozen years or so with normally 8-10 riders and nobody uses a mesh system.
A couple of us have Shoeis/SRLs so sometimes pair up, but that’s it and it works just great.
We all like different things and have different needs but trying to ram it down someone’s throat that you need a Sena 50s because it’s more modern is a tad daft.Bit like still using an Android phone :)

I really don’t care if the 50s is better than the SRL unit in the Neotec 2.All I know is that the SRL works seamlessly.It also connects every time to the TFT on my KTM.Who cares if the Bluetooth isn’t the latest version ? It works.
I don’t want a non-waterproof unit stuck on my helmet as I have no wish to have 7 mates gabbling in my ear hole.If this is a deal-breaker for you then crack on.
The OP was asking about which intercom and I , and quite a few others were saying that the SRL kit works very well,plus of course it’s integrated.
Depends what you want from an intercom.
I simply want to play music and be able to take the odd call.I can also talk to my pillion when I have one or pair with a mate with similar when riding together.
I’ve tried a multiple-bike system and it was shite,plus I really don’t want all the chatter when riding.That’s what coffee stops are for.
We’ve done an Asturias trip for the last half dozen years or so with normally 8-10 riders and nobody uses a mesh system.
A couple of us have Shoeis/SRLs so sometimes pair up, but that’s it and it works just great.
We all like different things and have different needs but trying to ram it down someone’s throat that you need a Sena 50s because it’s more modern is a tad daft.Bit like still using an Android phone :)

But, for completeness, you don't have to use the mesh and can toddle along listening to music and a fat bird on the back via Bluetooth.

The Cardo (which is waterproof) offers one connection, or multiple. Bluetooth, Mesh, or both at the same time. But like many things, all features are not required all the time, if at all, but sometimes useful to have.

I really don’t care if the 50s is better than the SRL unit in the Neotec 2.)
But you have lots to say about it:D

Like you, I posted in reply to this thread. You took it upon yourself to take it personably that I pointed out the SRL is an old, obsolete unit. And then be offensive.
Arsey, I've seen years of you on here. And I use this as a basic guide. Speak to people online, with respect and as if you are standing next to them in the pub. Because, Im certain you'd not have called me a prat.
I'm up for a coffee sometime if you want to discuss this further.:thumb
PS SRL is old, Obsolete and shite. :aidan

I’ll prepare a review of the compromise alternative (call it what you will) non-integrated, not stuck on the outside, Bluetooth, dangle from your ears things, as and when they turn up from Sidcup.

But you have lots to say about it:D

Like you, I posted in reply to this thread. You took it upon yourself to take it personably that I pointed out the SRL is an old, obsolete unit. And then be offensive.
Arsey, I've seen years of you on here. And I use this as a basic guide. Speak to people online, with respect and as if you are standing next to them in the pub. Because, Im certain you'd not have called me a prat.
I'm up for a coffee sometime if you want to discuss this further.:thumb
PS SRL is old, Obsolete and shite. :aidan

I called you a prat ? You’re making stuff up.Very weird.

Very telling that you chose to edit the Prat comment out.
Cowardly.

Back to the point :)

MESH2 is excellent. Fortunately at last two manufacturers (SENA and INTERPHONE) have developed an open MESH, so you are not tied-in as you are with Cardo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tP2UlgM-OlI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm off to Spain with 3 mates in a couple of weeks. During the cold winter months, we discussed whether we would bother with group comms, and decided we would! One of the guys had BMW system 6 IIRC, one had a cheapy chinese bluetooth, and 2 of us had Sena. We decided to try MESH2. Had a spin in the Scottish borders a couple of weeks ago. Delighted with MESH2. We're all compatible now. Works very well, good range and very clear even with 4 of us speaking.

Hope Cardo comes on board too, and other manufacturers quit the crappy outdated proprietary approach that's been around far too long

There's also a Sena adapter so that people with older Sena units can get MESH2 without a full swap-out...

Thanks Martin- yes saw that video - the terminator voice made me smile. What Sena's are you using?

Trebor - were the problems using BT with Cardo to other systems? Although BT is usually backwards compatible I wonder if there are some versioning gremlins (or wonky implementations)

Yes, it appeared to be with both old and new Cardo kit.

Thanks Martin- yes saw that video - the terminator voice made me smile. What Sena's are you using?

I had a Sena 10U inside my Schuberth, but decided to go with Interphone UCOM16. It took me a while as I was going to go with the Sena Mesh Adapter first, but the deal on the Interphone was too tempting, plus I sold my Sena on here. The Schuberth is already 3 years old, so decided to get a non-specific comms unit as I'll be swapping the Schuberth in a couple of years i guess (altho it's wearing very well so I may run it longer).

The adapter looks good, hope I made the right call, only time will tell. It would also be interesting to see if the Adapter works with other (than Sena) Bluetooth headsets...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/day3-JqVGzo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's so refreshing to see manufacturers (1) adopting "open" techgnology instead of proprietary lock-ins, and (2) making their older headsets forwards-compatible. Big tick for Sena and Interhpone IMHO (and Cardo can go to the back of the class and do detention :))

So far I am very pleased with the Interphone Ucom 16. Battery life is not quite as good as the Sena 10u. I got a low battery warning after about a 6 hour ride, but later on in the day it never ran out. You can get a larger battery pack for the Interphone (battery packs are seperate from the "controller" on the Ucom 16) which I may do if battery life becomes a problem. The UCOM16 is a few quid cheaper than equivalent Sena 50x, and is also IP67 - two things that pushed me to Interphone instead of Sena 50.

Got my Interphone from Motocentral, and got the extra 10% discount using code UKGSERS at the checkout... (also bought the 2-pack as you save £25 per unit and a mate wanted one too)

And how would I do that ? I’m not a mod.
Anyway , this thread is about the Neotec and not your weirdness .

I posted facts. You got all precious as you always do on here. And gobbed off. Remember, Speak to people on here, as you would standing next to them in a pub.

I had a Sena 10U inside my Schuberth, but decided to go with Interphone UCOM16. It took me a while as I was going to go with the Sena Mesh Adapter first, but the deal on the Interphone was too tempting, plus I sold my Sena on here. The Schuberth is already 3 years old, so decided to get a non-specific comms unit as I'll be swapping the Schuberth in a couple of years i guess (altho it's wearing very well so I may run it longer).

The adapter looks good, hope I made the right call, only time will tell. It would also be interesting to see if the Adapter works with other (than Sena) Bluetooth headsets...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/day3-JqVGzo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's so refreshing to see manufacturers (1) adopting "open" techgnology instead of proprietary lock-ins, and (2) making their older headsets forwards-compatible. Big tick for Sena and Interhpone IMHO (and Cardo can go to the back of the class and do detention :))

So far I am very pleased with the Interphone Ucom 16. Battery life is not quite as good as the Sena 10u. I got a low battery warning after about a 6 hour ride, but later on in the day it never ran out. You can get a larger battery pack for the Interphone (battery packs are seperate from the "controller" on the Ucom 16) which I may do if battery life becomes a problem. The UCOM16 is a few quid cheaper than equivalent Sena 50x, and is also IP67 - two things that pushed me to Interphone instead of Sena 50.

Got my Interphone from Motocentral, and got the extra 10% discount using code UKGSERS at the checkout...

Thanks Martin. Quite a few places doing the UCom16 for £200 so seams pretty good. Would just love it of the battery would fit in the back of the Neotec The actual control is very slim

That 50S is a monster size - looks like a carbuncle :blast

Thanks Martin. Quite a few places doing the UCom16 for £200 so seams pretty good. Would just love it of the battery would fit in the back of the Neotec The actual control is very slim

That 50S is a monster size - looks like a carbuncle :blast

£350 for the 2-pack at MotoCentral, then 10% off and free carriage, £162/unit if you can find someone else who wants one :)

Back
Top Bottom