New Shoei Neotec 2 - which Intercom?

I just listen to the sat navy’s instructions….. when I can be bothered to turn them on that is.

They have arrived, which is a positive start and they fit my ears, which is another good thing. I have though only gone as far as pairing them with my iPad. The result, very good. Pairing them with my bike will have to wait until sometime next week.

I have now paired the Ultimate Ear in-ear Bluetooth monitors with the TFT screen on my 850.

1. The initial pairing was very quick.

2. Reconnection following the turning off of the ignition and firing the bike up again was quick and reliable.

3. My TFT screen is paired with my iPhone, which sits in a BMW Connected cradle.

i. Voice instructions from the BMW Connected app were clear.

ii. Music was clear.

iii. Telephone calls were clear, if a little quiet but I wasn’t shouting.

All in all, very good. They are certainly a good (ie more convenient) alternative to the jack plugged in-ear monitors and integral Senna set-up I have in my other Neotec. But, even so, that set-up is pretty good.

The downside? Only that I haven’t yet found a way to control the volume using the bike’s whirlywheel. I think this should be possible?

The volume on the wheel, currently only works with the BMW branded headsets and Andriod on the latest TFT software. IOS (apple) Still don't offer this.

With regard to the Neotech II/Integrated SLR earlier in this thread it was stated one was able to:

"...and enjoy greater battery life and a fully hidden system."

With reference to the battery life, if the system is used only for GPS prompts, how many hours of use can be achieved?

Thanks

I have now paired the Ultimate Ear in-ear Bluetooth monitors with the TFT screen on my 850.

1. The initial pairing was very quick.

2. Reconnection following the turning off of the ignition and firing the bike up again was quick and reliable.

3. My TFT screen is paired with my iPhone, which sits in a BMW Connected cradle.

i. Voice instructions from the BMW Connected app were clear.

ii. Music was clear.

iii. Telephone calls were clear, if a little quiet but I wasn’t shouting.

All in all, very good. They are certainly a good (ie more convenient) alternative to the jack plugged in-ear monitors and integral Senna set-up I have in my other Neotec. But, even so, that set-up is pretty good.

The downside? Only that I haven’t yet found a way to control the volume using the bike’s whirlywheel. I think this should be possible?

The volume on the wheel, currently only works with the BMW branded headsets and Andriod on the latest TFT software. IOS (apple) Still don't offer this.

Aha, thank you. That explains why it wouldn’t do anything.

Just as a brief follow up on this.

The good news, at least for me, is that the whirlywheel does control the volume on my new set up, which is:

A. 2022 K1600GT with the large TFT screen.

B. Apple iPhone.

C. Sena SRL - Mesh (newly released, see above)

D. Shoei Neotec II.

However, the 2022 1600’s whirlywheel does not control the volume if I use my Ultimate Ear Bluetooth Pro in-ear monitors.

I am not particularly aufait with the technicalities of Bluetooth in its various forms but, as the whirlywheel works as a volume control with my new Sena SRL - Mesh / iPhone but not with my iPhone / Ultimate Ear monitors, it suggests to me that the problem (misfit) lies perhaps not with the iPhone but with the Bluetooth device itself?

I have made a separate basic review of the new Sena SRL - Mesh, here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/584458-Sena-SRL-Mesh. I’ll probably take up using it by default, simply because it works well and integrates neatly into the Neotec II………but will take along my Ultimate Ear monitors as a back-up……. Or just as expensive ear plugs. If nothing else, the TFT system remembers both the Sena and the Ultimate Ear devices, so it’s easy to switch between them if required,

And following up from my earlier post about the Sena Mesh now bring available , I’ve just upgraded to them and the new system seems to have even better sound quality and intercom clarity, not to mention the extra features.
Only cost about £90 per helmet to upgrade .

Back
Top Bottom