New Shoei Neotec 2 - which Intercom?

zappa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above, just got my new lid. (short story is that its just the best fit for my head).

Whilst the Sena integrated intercom looks great - it looking increasingly out of date compared to the competition (BT 5+, OTA updates, USBC etc), not to mention many reported issues around not being waterproof and meh sound quality.

I could, of course, remount my very old Interphone F4 (yes F4 - so old its not even on Interphones discontinued page), which even after a year or so in a cupboard, still works. The big unknown though is the battery status so reluctant to use the sticky pad mount option (unless there is a way to remove 3M VHB pad without damaging the paintwork).

So, if you have a Cardo or newer Interphone system, are you using the clip mount or stick mount? For clip mounts are you mounting over the lower covers (as per: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIs1psWgng8 ) or clipping towards the rear of the helmet.

With the voice/ SIRI/ Google control on some of these devices it maybe matters less?

Lastly, when you look into the current market, you can't fail to notice Mesh/ Mesh 2. I can understand wanting to keep in touch if out with a couple of mates, but 16, 20 ++ :nenau maybe there is a good use case but probably not for me. Isn't BT enough?

thanks for any advice/ comments
zappa

Never had an issue with Sena SRL in any Shoei helmet , including Neotec 2. Ridden in torrential rain too.
Seems daft to me to get such a helmet then stick a third party carbuncle to the side .

Never had an issue with Sena SRL in any Shoei helmet , including Neotec 2. Ridden in torrential rain too.
Seems daft to me to get such a helmet then stick a third party carbuncle to the side .

+1 for the built in system, works very well. Not the best option if you ride with hordes of others and want lots of compatibility with other makes (if you're still on an Interphone 4 that's probably not the case). If you'd had it fitted in the shop when you bought the helmet you'd have saved on the VAT.

Carbuncle abuse :nenau they make up the majority of intercom sales.

Maybe the water issues are model specific - good that yours seems to be ok in the wet...

+1 for the built in system, works very well. Not the best option if you ride with hordes of others and want lots of compatibility with other makes (if you're still on an Interphone 4 that's probably not the case). If you'd had it fitted in the shop when you bought the helmet you'd have saved on the VAT.

Yes, a bit short on riding buddy's just now- maybe that why I'm not seeing the Mesh thing???

I have a Cardo Packtalk mounted on my Neotec 2. I have had the sticky mount on two helmets for over 3 years with no issues. The unit fits well, the cubby hole at the back of the helmet is good for the excess cables. And yes Cardo is waterproof, Sena is not, no matter what the Sena crowd tell you.

Carbuncle abuse :nenau they make up the majority of intercom sales.

Maybe the water issues are model specific - good that yours seems to be ok in the wet...

I’ve got Neotec 2 , J Cruise 2 and GT Air 2 and had zero issues with any .
But I only ever pair with one other , usually wifey as pillion .
Gave up on group intercoms when Packtalk turned out to be utter shite a few years back .

I run a GT Air so similar to neotec - I paid for the upgraded designed to fit Interphone loom which fits a treat and then have a couple of interphone usits I switch on side a Sport and a Tour

I’ve got Neotec 2 , J Cruise 2 and GT Air 2 and had zero issues with any .
But I only ever pair with one other , usually wifey as pillion .
Gave up on group intercoms when Packtalk turned out to be utter shite a few years back .

I bought my Packtalk because the new Sena was absolute shite as they rushed it to market and I had to send back two faulty units. Packtalk has been rock solid for years now. Cardo have now arguably taken the lead again with their new units and including the release of the Packtalk Edge. But Sena will catch up. Both brands have their fanboys and there are a fair share of people who have issues with both. The trouble is, you need a bit of tech savvy to get the best out of the more complex units.

Cardo slim. Used with in ear plugs which is why speaker wire is dangling. As with all coms takes a bit of sorting out and understanding the unit is doing what you are telling it to do rather than what you think it should do. Haven’t worked out connection with iPhone dropping out and then reconnecting yet but think it’s an iPhone issue. Infinity Christchurch fitted it.

Attachments

• 5AF5BC08-DF92-4F2B-B068-86C93BEE463B.jpg
    5AF5BC08-DF92-4F2B-B068-86C93BEE463B.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 534
  • AA065283-AE5B-4BCD-9082-9AF714305A73.jpg
    AA065283-AE5B-4BCD-9082-9AF714305A73.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 532
  • F9A0D9AC-BC48-496A-88CF-3BEF7209911C.jpg
    F9A0D9AC-BC48-496A-88CF-3BEF7209911C.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 528
I've got a Neotec 2, fitted with the 50S headset. Have the same on all my helmets. Works well.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 531
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 565
I haVe the Neotec with the SRL 2 and it’s brilliant never had a problem connecting to the tft etc, I use it with the separate Sena Mesh which turns a Bluetooth system into a mesh+ for seamless intercoms.

As with Arsey, I have a Neotec 2 with the built in SRL 2 thing. It works very well. The only thing I have altered is to have it converted by Ultimate Ear to use in-ear monitors, simply as they double up as ear plugs. I don’t often listen to music on the bike, nor do I have any need (or desire for) bike-to-bike, so all I get is the voice instructions from the GPS, which I often have turned off anyway.

Whatever it is it does, it links very quickly to the TFT screen etc.

Thanks for all the responses and pictures- keep them coming

Think Cardo are winning the market just now. Sena have some work to do. Inter phone perhaps somewhere in between them??

Like Wapping I also have Neotec 2 but only SRL 1 and converted for use of earbuds, fully integrated with phone, TFT, Connected App and Cradle, also Sena RC4 remote on the bars for easier volume control.All work well and having over the years had other Sena products ( clip to helmet types) although all were good the integrated system is by far superior.

How is it it far superior ?

Actually. I can answer this...
The SRL is a sena 20s.
My 50s in every way is far superior. The only claim for the SRL to be better can only be in the fact its integrated. The fact the specifications of the 50s far outweigh any benefit of not being integrated. Which is why I went for the 50s than the SRL.
I'd still like to hear how the SRL is far superior?

Actually. I can answer this...
The SRL is a sena 20s.
My 50s in every way is far superior. The only claim for the SRL to be better can only be in the fact its integrated. The fact the specifications of the 50s far outweigh any benefit of not being integrated. Which is why I went for the 50s than the SRL.
I'd still like to hear how the SRL is far superior?

And I’d like to hear how the 50s is superior ? You never actually said why.
The SRL works perfectly for me.
I can hear music and intercom at 80 mph even though I’m wearing ear plugs.It connects every time to my bike and seamlessly to a pillion with same .
Apart from possibly higher quality speakers, I can’t see where it is lacking at all.
It does make me laugh how someone would buy a helmet at some considerable cost and ignore the design and integration by plonking a large intercom right over where the integrated one should be hidden, looking a tad ridiculous in the process.
Did you used to walk around talking out of one of those Bluetooth earpieces ? :)

654435c8c82e7fc75b97f69952fa4234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom