Rosslare to Bilbao

You board a boat in Ireland , drink some Lagunitas IPA then miraculously appear in Spain the following day . They speak funny and don’t eat any veg . Good luck .

I've used that boat Connemara on a return from Spain. It's a bit of an old bucket and not going to impress anyone but it does the job I guess.

I wouldn't choose it if there were other options you were thinking about. And Bernie wasn't impressed with the food.

Heading to estoril in four weeks and was thinking of using it one way
But 30 hrs on a boat without plenty of facilities doesn’t sound great

I thought the same. Going to visit my bro in south west France and looked at that boat. Overnight is ok but two overnights each way seemed a bit of a waste unless going for a decent length of time.

Barry

From November next

Brittany Ferries will introduce the Galicia to the route.

The Galicia, which can take up to 1,015 passengers is closer in style to cruise-ferries like the company’s flagship Port Aven.

Too late for you but interesting.

We've used it a few times, it is in fact our preferred boat from Brittany Ferries, it is simple but you have a cabin and plenty of space outside. Get on the boat, you know there are two nights, so chill and enjoy. Read a book watch a film, it is great.

What’s the food like on board

The food is ok really, cafeteria type food, get the Wednesday ferry going out as it is only one night at sea. Only ever came back on the Sunday sailing. A one way ( or even both ways) with Overlanders maybe a possibility.

Contacted Brittany ferries today Rosslare to Bilbao booked up for may /June/July
Think there’s something going on

In January we tried to book a group of nine bikes for September and it was not available. Had to book to France instead.

Spoke with Brittany ferries again today
Rosslare to Bilbao route now fully booked up till end of October
Booked Irish_Ferries

Used it a few times, it always books up quick for the popular months. I think it's more to do with bike parking / tie down slots rather than cabins etc.

Basic, but does what it says on the tin. Bring a book, Tis grand. A lot less boring than long drags south from the north of France....

Recently sailed to Cherbourg, and back from Bilbao. Nice compromise. Did loads of tet sections between one and the other. Grand job.

Merv.

You might find that all non-P&O ferries will be busier.
There’s a lot of folk (like me) who will never set foot on another P&O boat.

Ferry

I'll be on it in 4 weeks time, Friday night sailing so 2 nights on board :jager

Back on the early Sunday sailing 2 weeks later for one night:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom