Thunderbird email platform

PW Cymru

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Any ideas why Thunderbird would suddenly stop working.

I can open the system but no e-mail traffic.

There's 4 email addresses linked to Thunderbird and they've just stopped working.
No settings have been changed prior to the issue.

The PC updated a few days ago but Thunderbird did work for a while after the update.

My e-mail addresses are g-mail and they all work on the ipad and iphone.

It’s not something I use but someone on another bike forum had issues and this was their resolution

Sorted.
After a bit more reading online, I discovered, in the "account settings" that the Local Folders had the wrong detail. I browsed to the correct local folders and bingo, it all worked again.
No idea why it happened though.

Does TBird start but not get mails? If so, probably your server logons have been corrupted. Check them.

Try:
If Thunderbird is not running: Hold down the Shift key while starting Thunderbird. ...
In the Thunderbird Troubleshoot Mode dialog, choose Continue in Troubleshoot Mode.

T-bird opens the programme but it appears to be trying to download but nothing happens.
I’ve left it run for several minutes and it’s exactly the same.

I,ve had this in the past, and it was down to a corrupt email from the server. I had to use my browser to delete the offending email.

For GMail accounts you may have to scour the account settings via a web browser to enable less secure applications. If that get you working then it may not last as Google seems to be changing thihgs to make webmail the only viable option.

For GMail accounts you may have to scour the account settings via a web browser to enable less secure applications. If that get you working then it may not last as Google seems to be changing thihgs to make webmail the only viable option.

personally, I binned email clients like Thunderbird years ago. I use Gmail to manage all email as it works via the web interface on my PC or an app on my phone or tablet. It will pull in emails via POP3 or IMAP and let you send emails via the host's SMTP server. The spam filter is pretty good as well.

Thanks guys, I've deleted anything in the Deleted and spam folders in all the e-mail accounts.
There's nothing remaining from Google recently in any of the accounts however I've had a few notifictaions from Goole recently regarding account access via G-mail on my phone.

Still not working so probably will bin T-bird

There was a thread on here not that long ago ( sorry I can't find it) in which several different email clients were suggested.I use Thunderbird on my Windows PC and it works ok but I would be interested in alternatives.

Kimbo

Back
Top Bottom