Motorcycle servicing courses - Anglesey

ducatiparts.110mb

Reaction score
At MarksMotorcycleParts I’m running servicing courses from my workshop on Anglesey.
Course content is very much driven by what you want, but I offer three basic packages:

Minor service - One day including: Removing front & rear wheels, cleaning brake calipers, oil & filter change, gearbox & final drive oil change, electrical health check, final drive oil change, brake fluid change.

Major service - One and a half days including: As above plus checking & setting valve clearances, replace spark plugs, replace air filter

Suspension service (not really applicable to R series bikes) - One day including: Remove forks & yokes, change fork oil, check & regrease steering head bearings, strip & regrease rear suspension linkage.

Courses are all 1:1, and very much hands on – you will service your own bike with me offering help and guidance as required. You can change the course content however you want – I have run combined courses including all of the above and can include fitting accessories or major engine & chassis work to your requirements.

£140 per day plus consumables at cost. Includes lunch and my ‘Motorcycle Service & Maintenance Manual’.

Please contact me by PM or visit www.marksmotorcycleparts.co.uk for further details.
Thanks, Mark

At MarksMotorcycleParts I’m running servicing courses from my workshop on Anglesey.
Course content is very much driven by what you want, but I offer three basic packages:

Minor service - One day including: Removing front & rear wheels, cleaning brake calipers, oil & filter change, gearbox & final drive oil change, electrical health check, final drive oil change, brake fluid change.

Major service - One and a half days including: As above plus checking & setting valve clearances, replace spark plugs, replace air filter

Suspension service (not really applicable to R series bikes) - One day including: Remove forks & yokes, change fork oil, check & regrease steering head bearings, strip & regrease rear suspension linkage.

Courses are all 1:1, and very much hands on – you will service your own bike with me offering help and guidance as required. You can change the course content however you want – I have run combined courses including all of the above and can include fitting accessories or major engine & chassis work to your requirements.

£140 per day plus consumables at cost. Includes lunch and my ‘Motorcycle Service & Maintenance Manual’.

Please contact me by PM or visit www.marksmotorcycleparts.co.uk for further details.
Thanks, Mark

Won't you be doing yourself out of work long term??:nenau:nenau

Won't you be doing yourself out of work long term??:nenau:nenau

Our Honda dealer in Market Harborough back in the 70’s was always happy to let you see how something was done in the workshop and sometimes supervised us after work.

His take (many years later) was, as soon as the kids (as we were then) start tinkering with their bikes, taking things apart and inevitably snapping stuff, they will be back in to get him to sort it out which was easily more income than if he had done it in the first place.

From what I can see this is a organised and bespoke 1:1 - if it was closer I would love to attend if just to cut out the day lost travelling to Tunbridge.

I do some servicing work but mostly the service school, teaching owners how to work on their own bikes.
I don't really see them as the same thing - Customers come from all over the UK for the service school, but no more than 20 miles for me to work on their bikes.
Several customers have said that the cost of a couple days with me plus fuel both ways and a couple nights B&B works out about the same cost as a dealer service, and by coming here they get the learning experience and the chance to ride through North Wales as well as a serviced bike.
Your right, its 1:1 so planned around what ever you want to do, and I have all the tools & consumables here to get through the job smoothly & efficiently.

Hi Mark, whereabouts on Anglesey are you?
Once I've worked out how to keep the oil in my final drive :mad:, this is something I'd be interested in (R1100GS). I have somewhere I can stay near Moelfre so I can combine with some time on the Island.
Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave,
I'm in Llanerchymedd, about 6 miles from Moelfre.
It would be good to see you next time you're on the island, drop me a line when you're heading this way.
I'm happy for us to work on the bike together as a teaching session, or for you to leave it here and I'l do whatever it needs while you're at Moelfre.
Cheers, Mark

Hi Dave,
I'm in Llanerchymedd, about 6 miles from Moelfre.
It would be good to see you next time you're on the island, drop me a line when you're heading this way.
I'm happy for us to work on the bike together as a teaching session, or for you to leave it here and I'l do whatever it needs while you're at Moelfre.
Cheers, Mark

Thanks Mark, I'll give you a shout next time I'm heading there and see what we can sort out. Need to fix the final drive first as the bike's not fit to be ridden until it's done...

Back
Top Bottom