Motorcycle servicing courses - Anglesey

ducatiparts.110mb

Reaction score
At MarksMotorcycleParts I’m running servicing courses from my workshop on Anglesey.
Course content is very much driven by what you want, but I offer three basic packages:

Minor service - One day including: Removing front & rear wheels, cleaning brake calipers, oil & filter change, gearbox & final drive oil change, electrical health check, final drive oil change, brake fluid change.

Major service - One and a half days including: As above plus checking & setting valve clearances, replace spark plugs, replace air filter, replace coolant.

Suspension service (not really applicable to R series bikes) - One day including: Remove forks & yokes, change fork oil, check & regrease steering head bearings, strip & regrease rear suspension linkage.

Courses are all 1:1, and very much hands on – you will service your own bike with me offering help and guidance as required. You can change the course content however you want – I have run combined courses including all of the above and can include fitting accessories or major engine & chassis work to your requirements.

£140 per day plus consumables at cost. Includes lunch and my ‘Motorcycle Service & Maintenance Manual’.

Please contact me by PM or visit www.marksmotorcycleparts.co.uk for further details.
Thanks, Mark

Interesting idea - I hope it works out for you and helps a lot of people to escape dealer prices

I do my own work on my 1250GS - it’s not so difficult - there again I didn’t have to adjust the valve clearances yet …..

Is it a tough job changing the fork oil on the 1250GS ?

John

Thanks John, Several customers have said that the cost of fuel, a couple nights B&B, and the servicing course all adds up to the same cost as a dealer service, but that in addition to a serviced bike they get a few days away and the learning.

Fork oil isn't a service job on the Telelever bikes, its only in there for lubrication, not damping. Having said that its very straightforward to change it when you need.

Back
Top Bottom