Help me decide what to do

I went from a 1200 GS to an 800 Crossrunner. Turning 61 I was starting to find the GS was getting too big and too heavy for me. In hindsight I now think that was as much to do with me riding less as it was my advancing years. In fact, the CR weighs similarly to the GS but it seems to carry its weight lower down, and is a lower bike too so I am able to get more foot on the ground. Very helpful coming to a stop with a passengers weight to contend with too.

The CR doesn’t have the relaxed torque of the GS, the engine definitely spins faster but having owned a VFR800 for many miles before moving onto GS’s, I didn’t find it difficult to adjust to a different kind of power delivery. And it can be a lot of fun too. Versatile in that you can commute on one if you need to, but also take to the mountain passes and enjoy some quicker riding. They handle well, are stable and predictable, have a fantastic engine and aren’t badly priced. The Mk2 looks better than the Mk1 but isn’t a massively different bike.

Hey,

Not sure whether it has been mentioned, but an easy to ride no frills bike is a tracer 900 GT, I currently have one and it is an excellent ride, would be willing to sell for the right price :)

Keep researching and ride as many as you can. I’ve had loads of different bikes, but I can’t ever see myself ever riding anything other than a GS, easily the best all round bike Imho.

Back
Top Bottom