Anyone travelled through Moldova into Transnistria?

I would avoid entering Transistria even Moldova. Last month strange "events" happened in the capital Tiraspol. The HQ of the Secret Service was attacked with RPG and small arms fire, telecom towers were sabotaged and random explosions. No one was hurt. Accusations from the actors in the region blamed each other. My mothers carer who is from Moldova was about to go home on holiday in June. She was advised by her mother not to come.
If you still want to go this is the main news outlet in Moldova covering Transistria:

https://stiri.md/story/transnistria-1

It is in Romanian, right click on the page and use Google translate.

This news is from yesterday, just to give you an idea. The likelihood of that happening is 0. But shit happens.

https://stiri.md/article/politica/t...taca-chisinaul-daca-nato-da-armament-moldovei

Also carried by Pravda
https://www.pravda.ru/world/1717914-moldavija_i_pridnestrove/

Danger danger!

Maybe now not the wisest of times to visit Transnistria. Today’s Times has an interesting report on Russia’s intentions to push eastwards from Crimea to Transnistria. Helped in no small part by the 1500 Russian troops already stationed there.

Saying all that I’m visiting the Baltic states and Finland in a month or so. Same Russian threats there too.

You´re funny "same Russian threats there too" :)
Maybe, but there is a difference that WE have an army and they (Transnistria / Moldova) don`t
So if you are planning trip to our hoods please do so. It´s no more dangerous than your grannys backyard:thumb

Im currently in the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR) or 'Transnistria' now. Will be here for another 10 days at least.

Managed to get a flight direct to Chisinau (Moldova) then a taxi direct to here. I'm doing a 'recce' for a trip here next year as I'll be riding over with a mate off this forum. Came across a few adventure bikers here and had a chat with them. No issues getting in at all.

It's beautiful here, cheap and very clean.

Just to correct the previous post, they 'do' have an army here.

The guy in the image is someone that I met and was talking to yesterday evening.

Attachments

• IMG_7037.jpg
    IMG_7037.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 89
Im currently in the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR) or 'Transnistria' now. Will be here for another 10 days at least.

Managed to get a flight direct to Chisinau (Moldova) then a taxi direct to here. I'm doing a 'recce' for a trip here next year as I'll be riding over with a mate off this forum. Came across a few adventure bikers here and had a chat with them. No issues getting in at all.

Just to correct the previous post, they 'do' have an army here.

The guy in the image is someone that I met and was talking to yesterday evening.

The closest I got was chatting with a bloke from Moldava at the Romania / Hungary passport control at the border.

You´re funny "same Russian threats there too" :)
Maybe, but there is a difference that WE have an army and they (Transnistria / Moldova) don`t
So if you are planning trip to our hoods please do so. It´s no more dangerous than your grannys backyard:thumb

Yup, I feel relaxed about visiting Finland and should be back in the winter. Very different to Moldova.

Why would you fly over there to do a recce for a bike trip next year with a mate? Isn't travel about exploring and discovering and enjoying the surprises (or working round them)? To do a recce means you're taking the element of discovery out of it to a large degree. You're having the discovery trip by taxi rather than on your bike.

If you're taking a group of 12 adventure bikers there then you might think you need to know everything in advance but even then it would seem like planning to an amazing level.

I've been twice to Transylvania. Lovely place. Brasov, viscry etc are. Beautiful the driving is appalling. Bran castle obviously worth a visit. Transfargarason and transalpine obviously. My GF is Romanian so I had a guide...

Why would you fly over there to do a recce for a bike trip next year with a mate? Isn't travel about exploring and discovering and enjoying the surprises (or working round them)? To do a recce means you're taking the element of discovery out of it to a large degree. You're having the discovery trip by taxi rather than on your bike.

If you're taking a group of 12 adventure bikers there then you might think you need to know everything in advance but even then it would seem like planning to an amazing level.[/QUOTE]

I obviously wasn't coming just to do a recce. I was coming here anyway. But figured whilst I as here just check on entry requirements for bike and look at hotels for bike safety etc...

Back
Top Bottom