travel insurance

madmechanic

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any recommendations for motorcycle travel insurance , Europe 2 weeks and what do you usually pay ??/

Deleted would have been better. :D :augie

How many more of these are there going to be?

Isn't enough info easily available via a cursory skim through the insurance sub section?

Ah yes, moved....it will be another one of those "I've got such and such bike, so I'll post anything and everything in the such and such bike sub forum, regardless of relevance to that bike". :augie

although there are sticky threads on travel insurance in the original folder used by the OP!

the OP seems bright enough to have posted in that section but too lazy to read any of the dozens of recent posts on the topic.

Exactly.

Now he can go and find the section again and the sticky.

Between this and “Anyone got a voucher for me boat to Spain”, it’s a miracle there is room for “I’m off in a month, doing 1,500 miles. Can someone tell me the way”.

Navigator insurance services
You need to select "action plus" under the activities option to include motorcycling.

We're renewing our insurance due to the insurance company that we had been using (Travelsafe) no longer covering motorcycling.

You need to select "action plus" under the activities option to include motorcycling.

We're renewing our insurance due to the insurance company that we had been using (Travelsafe) no longer covering motorcycling.

I ususally just give them a call

They have a new underwriter that does so all well ( i know this as i have just done it through them for my upcoming hoon to Spain )

Sorry be thick but what section ?? found some on travel insurance but seem to be 5 years ago , probably do get a lot of idiots like me who only read threads that are useful to them at the time and cannot seem to find the post they want so ask , but as insurance changes every week the site or company someone used last week no longer do it this week or the price is through the roof.
Naturally thought to put it in travel section as it was travel insurance I am after not bike insurance .
Thanks for your and some other replies though I am sure they will be of some help:nenau:nenau

Sorry be thick but what section ?? found some on travel insurance but seem to be 5 years ago , probably do get a lot of idiots like me who only read threads that are useful to them at the time and cannot seem to find the post they want so ask , but as insurance changes every week the site or company someone used last week no longer do it this week or the price is through the roof.
Naturally thought to put it in travel section as it was travel insurance I am after not bike insurance .
Thanks for your and some other replies though I am sure they will be of some help:nenau:nenau

Just ring these people they are very helpful https://www.navigatortravelinsurance.co.uk/

then close this thread dont forget to tell them that its motorcycling wot you are doing

HAppy to help Bikermate

I ususally just give them a call

Good point, I usually look at these things out of their office hours and trying to find out what activities they cover for can be a drawn out. Calling them and saying what you want is easier.

medical cost cover for motorcycle touring

For on-road motorcycle tours, for the medical cover aspect, I used Snowcard last year.
They seemed to cover larger capacity motorbikes (eg. GS).
I purchased this as an "add on" or "top up" over and above an existing multi-trip annual travel policy (which could not be extended to cover motorbikes >125cc).
So if that is your need, worth looking at snowcard.
Prices were not crazy and covered pillions too.

So on a slightly different note, does anyone have recommendations for insurance that can cover larger motorcycles being used off road (eg. BMW offroad trip to Portugal ) ?

On the subject of insurance does being on statins have any effect on your quotes. for travel insurance

On the subject of insurance does being on statins have any effect on your quotes. for travel insurance

yes, you need to declare it and state if you were prescribed it due to high cholesterol or, as in my case, a precautionary factor due to taking meds for high blood pressure and my age

Just getting my annual policy - did a screen scrape at Moneysupermarket and Tesco came out cheapest after entering medical stuff. A quick check of the policy and the underwriter is now Axa so no cc limit on the policy, just wear a helmet.

checked the price going direct to Tesco and as is often the case, the price goes up a tenner.

Under £34 for an annual policy at bronze level - I only want the £10,000,000 medical cover, everything else will be covered by my credit card's cover.

This is the same Axa policy I bought from Puffin last year, but I paid £67 last year after adding medical stuff.

Policy document here if you want to read it

@Wessie, I noticed that they have a limit on 60 years old, you're younger I assume?
Also, I scoured that document, thanks for posting it, couldn't find any reference to the insurance only being valid for motorcycles under 125cc, I assume you checked it too?
I've just paid £112 for similar insurance with Navigator assuming that they were one of few doing motorcycle -related holiday health insurance.

@Wessie, I noticed that they have a limit on 60 years old, you're younger I assume?
Also, I scoured that document, thanks for posting it, couldn't find any reference to the insurance only being valid for motorcycles under 125cc, I assume you checked it too?
I've just paid £112 for similar insurance with Navigator assuming that they were one of few doing motorcycle -related holiday health insurance.

https://www.tescobank.com/travel-insurance/apply/ says they cover up to 80 on the standard policy - lower age limit on backpacker insurance. I am 60.

re. bikes, when you open the PDF, search for "motorc" - my standard search in any travel policy - this brings up the wording

"20. Any claim where you are not wearing a helmet whilst on a motorcycle, moped, scooter, Segway or bicycle."

that is the only reference in 30 pages to motorcycle so stick a helmet on your head and you will be covered to ride anything - your own bike, a hire bike, a mate's bike - for medical insurance at least.

I might change your search word to ‘motor’. Some policies I have looked at (using the same method) use the word ‘motorcycle’, some ‘motorbike’ and some even go as far as to break it into two words, like ‘motor cycle’, though I have never known why.

It would be a shame to rely too heavily on the power of your PC’s / PDF search algorithms. I would accept that it will also throw up ‘motorcar’ but having more thrown up is a good thing, unlike vomit when it splashes your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom