Indicator switch

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondering if a 2012 TC has a conventional indicator switch or the 3 button version?

the three switch set up is actually very good to switch on the indicators - its cancelling that is the most stupid and dangerous idea any halfwit could fit to the right THROTTLE grip - right until another bunch of retards put the cruise control switch on KTM's and Honda's on the WRONG side

BMW should and could so easily have fixed the fault by a simple software update where pressing EITHER indicator switch again would cancel either one that's on !!! the incompetence and total lack of understanding and no focus on CI is how they lost both Wars....

Strange, my 2013 twin cam rt has the single indicator switch on the left!

Strange, my 2013 twin cam rt has the single indicator switch on the left!

2013 the LC came out. Did the RT get a facelift that year? All the current TC engine models run the standard switch so expect that’s what yours is

the three switch set up is actually very good to switch on the indicators - its cancelling that is the most stupid and dangerous idea any halfwit could fit to the right THROTTLE grip - right until another bunch of retards put the cruise control switch on KTM's and Honda's on the WRONG side

BMW should and could so easily have fixed the fault by a simple software update where pressing EITHER indicator switch again would cancel either one that's on !!! the incompetence and total lack of understanding and no focus on CI is how they lost both Wars....

Totally agree! Does anyone know if there is a modification to correct the nonsense...?

Totally agree! Does anyone know if there is a modification to correct the nonsense...?

Think i remember there is an electrical plug where you can change some connections so the horn push on the left becomes the indicator cancel and vice/versa.
Will try and find the thread.

Think i remember there is an electrical plug where you can change some connections so the horn push on the left becomes the indicator cancel and vice/versa.
Will try and find the thread.

now that sounds sensible (and easily doable) - I can never find the horn button when I need it with this switchgear, so the fact that swaps sides is pretty irrelevant - MOT man likely will have a herniae about colours/ labelling ?

whilst we're on this subject I grew up on Jap bikes of the 70s and 80s and always found the indicators switch (and the horn) in the right place and easy to use - now we have the nasty to find, nasty to use, nasty to feel if they switched on, squared off crap indicator switches on everything - Why ?

and the stupid place they moved high beam too - so you always hit it by mistake.....

Designed by people sitting at desks, no real riding experience. Same with Garmin satnavs, a bit of sunshine and you can't see the screen, why o why can't they made pin sharp bright, again designed from a desk with no real time experience!

I put a 64 gig fast memory card in my BM nav 5 and pushed the latests stuff at it, then connected to the Bluetooth on the phone and the thing comes to life with proper speed cam warnings - then I drive when the sun is shining and you can't see ANYTHING at all

we forgot to mention decent round mirrors that work at pretty much any steering angle and I have never felt I'm missing anything - then I get on a KTM where the large part of the mirror is showing your elbow and the silly small bit shows almost nothing that matters behind you. Then get in nadgery traffic and it's nightmare wondering who's about to kill you - that just never happens with round mirrors - then you get on a new BMW or a new Triumph to find they all moved to this utter rubbish wrong mirror type - why ????

Back
Top Bottom