Dinant accommodation

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
Managed to book a couple of nights are the Ibis hotel in Dinant and for the rest of our intended stay it is full.
Any other suggestions where we might stay please.
Or I'm open to suggestions for somewhere else. We will have another three nights remaining of our stay.

Cheers Doc

Bouillon ? It’s only an hour south.Stay at Hotel de la Poste.
c010101591f2b610b1e4c65b10752e0c.jpg

Bouillon ? It’s only an hour south.Stay at Hotel de la Poste.
c010101591f2b610b1e4c65b10752e0c.jpg

Cheers pal. Been there before but stayed over the road at a nice place. Jayne enjoyed it there so may go back. Luxembourg is out though as I got done for speeding. Four times within the hour. :blast

I was going to suggest Vianden or Clervaux then read of your criminality.

Trier is a lovely city, 2 hours from Dinant. Last time I was there we stayed in this place https://blesius-garten.de/ near the Roman amphitheatre. It has it's own brewery with three separate dining areas: a posh restaurant with set menus, a bistro type place and the bar. 15 minute walk into the city centre.

Trier is a lovely city, 2 hours from Dinant. Last time I was there we stayed in this place https://blesius-garten.de/ near the Roman amphitheatre. It has it's own brewery with three separate dining areas: a posh restaurant with set menus, a bistro type place and the bar. 15 minute walk into the city centre.

Thanks Wessie I will take a look.
Yes I am a very bad person. ;)

Good idea .
Trier is fabulous .
Always stay at Hotel Villa Hugel

Hi all,
Managed to book a couple of nights are the Ibis hotel in Dinant and for the rest of our intended stay it is full.
Any other suggestions where we might stay please.
Or I'm open to suggestions for somewhere else. We will have another three nights remaining of our stay.

Cheers Doc

I've used Apartment Jules et Jim in Dinant many times. It's on booking.com, does get booked up quite early.

And you could always spend your last night at Manoir Ogygia in Popperinge which would defienly get you in Jayne’s good books.

And you could always spend your last night at Manoir Ogygia in Popperinge which would defienly get you in Jayne’s good books.

If they let me in.;)

Just down the road is Givet, which has several hotels. It’s a nice enough small town, popular with bods on bikes and in cars.

It all rather depends on which way you want to head from Dinant. Across and up to Spa’ish? Down into Luxembourg? Even into Germany? Back into France?

Whichever and wherever you go, I’d maybe recommend booking something. I looked to go to the Baie du Somme in the middle of May (I have a bike to run in) for a night on a Saturday. All the hotels I lumped on were full, those that were not were feckin’ expensive. I changed my plans completely.

Just down the road is Givet, which has several hotels. It’s a nice enough small town, popular with bods on bikes and in cars.

It all rather depends on which way you want to head from Dinant. Across and up to Spa’ish? Down into Luxembourg? Even into Germany? Back into France?

Whichever and wherever you go, I’d maybe recommend booking something. I looked to go to the Baie du Somme in the middle of May (I have a bike to run in) for a night on a Saturday. All the hotels I lumped on were full, those that were not were feckin’ expensive. I changed my plans completely.

Yes i found a few places full. I best ask the boss what she wants to do.

At least you are on the Givet pics on google maps.

Attachments

• 20220427_112334.jpg
    20220427_112334.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 116
You have to shout out “Give it some!” as you hoon into Givet. It’s the law.

I have never stayed in the town, nor (I think) Dinant. Maybe in Dinant, once? Though I have stopped in both for lunch or a coffee, more times than I can remember.

There are several nice towns and larger villages between Chimay and eastwards to the German border, that I mean to try, though I have done several of them.

Back
Top Bottom