New bike & Datatool registration

PW Cymru

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those who might have bought a new bike (BMW) from M&P Cardiff with a years free subscription to Datatool.

It appears that a certain ex employee failed to register the Datatool at purchase and has done this on several bikes.

So just check that you've received the registration e-mail from Datatool and that you can log on to their app.

Ah ok I have some Datatool stuff in my new bike pack, it’s not a BMW and I haven’t had an email from Datatool so I’ll mention it when I’m in there for a service, I had a phone call from the tracker company today after I pushed the bike 2 metres inside the garage without the ignition on and they detected movement, I was impressed by that :bow

If the Datatool people contacted you then you should be ok but make sure you have access to the app via the e-mail (log-in details) that they haven't sent you.

You may find that your insurance for theft is relaint on the Datatool susbscrition being in place which you can confirm via the app.

My subscrition for the first year of ownership of a £20k bike was not registered by the dealer at hand-over so I wasn't insured for theft until today.

If the Datatool people contacted you then you should be ok but make sure you have access to the app via the e-mail (log-in details) that they haven't sent you.

You may find that your insurance for theft is relaint on the Datatool susbscrition being in place which you can confirm via the app.

My subscrition for the first year of ownership of a £20k bike was not registered by the dealer at hand-over so I wasn't insured for theft until today.

I don’t have Datatool only Datatag, my tracker is by a n other for which I have a subscription and also the relevant app :thumb2

Had a puncture the other week and the only place I could get a tyre on the road was M&P.

Most miserable retail staff I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Breakfast was awful too.

Maybe those who whinged about Riders now realise you don't know what you've got till it's gone?

I bought my new RT last April and had to fart about for several weeks trying to get the Datatool properly registered.

...and I still think Biketrac is a better system :barf

I don’t have Datatool only Datatag, my tracker is by a n other for which I have a subscription and also the relevant app :thumb2

i have datatag, but then i dont have datatag lol, all thanks to GDPR

Used bike allready data tagged, so i thought i'd transfer it over to my name .... (according to datatag it just an email )

yes it is, if you have the name and address of the original purchaser of the datatag package, being a used bike i cant get that data because of GDPR

dont you love joined up thinking :D

I contacted BMW customer support yesterday to make a complaint, as M&P's attitude for their cock-up was rubbish.

It's not as though they've looked at the sales of bikes with Datatool to confirm registration, It's not that difficult to do.
Just wait till the customer finds out then react.

I have to say that the guys on the sevice desk have been brilliant.

Not sure what is going on with my tracker, but it was registered with my new GSA at the beginning of August 2021 and has been active and working since (I know, because when I move the bike without the fob in range, it has sent me EWM texts). However, when I check my subscription online or via the Datatool app, it says active from 09/05/2022 and active until 09/05/2023. I appear to have gained 9 months subscription?

Back
Top Bottom