Italy - Ancona, Jesi

Wapping

Reaction score
I have noticed that Italy is appearing more and more often in the German touring magazines.

This three jaunt article appeared in the latest edition of Motorrad magazine 10/2022.

25dce6c3504dc2307e7cda6c2befbe01.png

0427e4af6f6cd8cd6db45f3b29984f67.png

I can’t find any GPS or PDF files to download, but that might be because they or haven’t yet appeared on the magazine’s website or, just as likely, I can’t fathom the odd way the website displays things. Even so, the routes would be easy enough to copy into BaseCamp or MyRoute.

Went there a few years back to take part in a week long classic road rally. Flew in to Ancona & travelled by bus up to Rimini, which is where the Italians go to the seaside in the summer (like a Blackpool with style...). There were about 100 particpants, aged 18 to 80, riding all sorts of makes and ages of bikes. Mostly classic Italian of course - I was on my Ducati 350 scrambler. 100+ miles a day, following a pre-set route that meandered about the mountains en route to Ascoli Piceno and back. Seaside sand to snowy mountains but always in sunshine (rose tinted? meh...). Fabulous hotels, most with undercover parking
There was a small team of police outriders who were great - when not posing on their Guzzis in their shades & designer uniforms they were encouraging riders to ride faster (andiamo!) or blue lighting thru the towns to shift cars out of the way. Event was won by an Italian of course. I never did find out my fiinsihing position, not that it mattered.
Fabulous scenery and beautiful medieval towns. Good food and friendly locals too. Well worth a visit - even without the fun of a rally. I plan to go back later this year

Thank you.

The Italians have a long and fine history of road racing with cars and motorbikes.

Back
Top Bottom