1150 r 2002 alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a decent and cheap replacement available? Motorworks suggest £250. Anyone know if an aftermarket or refurbed service exists? Or recommend a similar but cheaper alternative?

Are you sure it’s faulty?

I had the charge warning light come on a few weeks ago after around 100 miles, so I checked the belt, etc. I’d already removed the abs so whipped the alternator out and checked the windings with a multimeter. All good, so I cleaned up the mounts and connections before refitting it. Bingo! No charge warning light and the battery voltage indicates good charging.

I hope yours is as easy to fix :thumb2

A local alternator/starter shop in a little industrial estate will recondition it for you at a reasonable cost and there should be plenty of those all over London.
It is likely that a set of new brushes would see it right.

Autotronic services ltd. Alternator and starter motor reconditioning and repairs. 202 Merton road, London, SW18 5SW.

Cheers step it was going to be my first port of call. Opp the butchers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A local alternator/starter shop in a little industrial estate will recondition it for you at a reasonable cost and there should be plenty of those all over London.
It is likely that a set of new brushes would see it right.

I’d love a proper garage.

Pre twin cam

Autotronic services ltd. Alternator and starter motor reconditioning and repairs. 202 Merton road, London, SW18 5SW.

called them. They don't do it and have to send it away. Cost would be around the same for new unit. And they were not sure if it could be done until seeing the unit. Oh and fyi motorworks do a new voltage regulator for £30 and a second hand Bosch alternator for £76.

called them. They don't do it and have to send it away. Cost would be around the same for new unit. And they were not sure if it could be done until seeing the unit. Oh and fyi motorworks do a new voltage regulator for £30 and a second hand Bosch alternator for £76.

well there is your price break

J.Morgan and Son
Hart Gardens Dorking Surrey RH4 1JT
Tel:01306-881544

Bike in today - Alternator checked. Working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom