new headlight set up from AliExpress.

A 21 model year Triple Black TE. Had my TC for ten years and recently sold a classic Triumph so the money was burning a hole in pocket, £7000 PX persuaded me too.

Sorry, I meant which Version of the Light Unit did you buy?

I've bought one and reverted back to OEM. The unit was vibrating a lot and i kept getting the LAMPF error.
Also the DLR switches with the parking light. So it is only on when the engine is not running which kind of sucks too.

I've bought one and reverted back to OEM. The unit was vibrating a lot and i kept getting the LAMPF error.
Also the DLR switches with the parking light. So it is only on when the engine is not running which kind of sucks too.

Which one did you buy.
The original E24. There is a known problem with the bottom mount. It needs packing out or fitting some kind of adjuster. Then the unit won't shake so much.also make sure the 2 main bolts are nice and snug. I don't understand why the daylight running sidelights won't stay on. Mine does. Maybe you've not got a good connection on the plug.
Does your side light normally stay on in Your country?
I can't see how it can be a parking light as you can't turn it on without the ignition anyway can you?
If it's the new design, maybe the plug is still like the origin one and isn't fitting too well, looking at the bottom adjuster mount on the new one it should fit better than the E24 one . I'd play around with it a bit more to find out what your problem is.

Fitting report to 2012 R1200GS.
Long story but I ended up not getting my headlight but my friend got his. I’m not sure if it’s the original or latest E24 but we fitted it yesterday. It has the adjuster and the locating hole.
Anyway, during fitting it became obvious that the rubber bungs weren’t up to the job, too thin, so the originals needed to be transferred over, this included the three on the instrument mount and the two side ones on the headlight.
When it was loosely fitted, the wiring is very simple and straightforward, we checked it: Ignition on = DRL. Start the engine = DRL/Low beam. Switch to high beam = DRL/Low beam/High beam. All appeared perfect until the high beam was turned off and the low beam went as well, not coming back on, which would not be good on dark road.
Our immediate thought was send it back for the promised full refund and free postage to a UK address.
However, after faffing around for another 15 minutes we discovered it has an anomaly rather than a fault. If you leave it for around 15 seconds after starting the bike before you check the high beam or flash the high beam it works perfectly, we tried it over and over again and no problem, providing you let it settle for around 15 seconds after starting before switching to main beam. it looks really good making the front end more up to date and compared to the original it’s like night and day. He’s decided to keep it on, it fits just the same as the original, with the original’s rubbers. No wobble or vibration. He’s due his MOT now so I’ll report on that when it happens.

Attachments

• F8C178D6-7227-4DF7-BE31-51D894B7F20E.jpg
    F8C178D6-7227-4DF7-BE31-51D894B7F20E.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 199
As far as i know there is only one E24 unit. There is are older units with E9 markings (LC style without bottom hole, and "classic" with bottom hole).
And as you can see here:
E6MAdON.png

The DRL are not on when either hi or lowbeam are on.

Can you point me to the one you're talking about? I've bought this E24 unit

Same headlight, different seller. As said above the DRL is on all the time with low beam and high beam.
Ignition = DRL on
Start = DRL/Low beam on
Select main beam = DRL/low beam/high beam all on
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004208124880.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.572f18020BOFSG

As you’ll know there are only two connections, the block connector can’t be fitted wrong but the pilot light one can be fitted two ways. It maybe worthwhile unplugging it and turning it through 180 degrees. It may make a difference.

As far as i know there is only one E24 unit. There is are older units with E9 markings (LC style without bottom hole, and "classic" with bottom hole).
And as you can see here:
E6MAdON.png

The DRL are not on when either hi or lowbeam are on.

Can you point me to the one you're talking about? I've bought this E24 unit

Sorry my mistake, I've got the E9 light unit. But as I asked anyway does the low beam come on your stock headlight with the pilot/ sidelight staying on.
Just wondered if it's different in your country.
I can't really understand why the sidelight would go off when you start the bike as normally the side light stays on all the time on my bike. And as the DRL is connected via the sidelight wiring it should stay on. Unless the canbus is shutting it off. Have you contacted the seller to ask?

Fitting report to 2012 R1200GS.
Long story but I ended up not getting my headlight but my friend got his. I’m not sure if it’s the original or latest E24 but we fitted it yesterday. It has the adjuster and the locating hole.
Anyway, during fitting it became obvious that the rubber bungs weren’t up to the job, too thin, so the originals needed to be transferred over, this included the three on the instrument mount and the two side ones on the headlight.
When it was loosely fitted, the wiring is very simple and straightforward, we checked it: Ignition on = DRL. Start the engine = DRL/Low beam. Switch to high beam = DRL/Low beam/High beam. All appeared perfect until the high beam was turned off and the low beam went as well, not coming back on, which would not be good on dark road.
Our immediate thought was send it back for the promised full refund and free postage to a UK address.
However, after faffing around for another 15 minutes we discovered it has an anomaly rather than a fault. If you leave it for around 15 seconds after starting the bike before you check the high beam or flash the high beam it works perfectly, we tried it over and over again and no problem, providing you let it settle for around 15 seconds after starting before switching to main beam. it looks really good making the front end more up to date and compared to the original it’s like night and day. He’s decided to keep it on, it fits just the same as the original, with the original’s rubbers. No wobble or vibration. He’s due his MOT now so I’ll report on that when it happens.

For those of you that may be interested, it passed the MOT today with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom