new headlight set up from AliExpress.

gazza12adv

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
£147.80 20%OFF | E24-Mark For BMW GS 1200 LED Headlights Assembly For BMW R1200GS 2004-2013 LC R 1200GS ADV Adventure R1200 GS Motorcycle Lights
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m08aZ5G

Having trouble getting a link, the above might work.
The new headlight bulb configuration looks better than before. A little bit more expensive.

Like that it has a built in level adjuster but obviously the bikes up to 2013 don't have a drl only option so guess dipped and drl will be on together?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I definitely want one of these, but, has anyone got one who can vouch for it. What about the DRL/dip beam thing that Scotriders pointed out. How do order from AliExpress, I’ve seen similar on Wish. How long do they take to arrive.
Been out for a ride today with three other bikes that are newer LED equipped and mine looks like candle power.

I have no problem with the standard candle , I did swap out bulb for hid on first GS but while it was violently bright it was rather uncontrolled.
However this looks rather tempting

Am I missing something in that Link?
When you scroll right through the big Pics, the Unit becomes the same as the original LED Replacement (sans Adjuster) that I bought over a year ago.
I wonder which Version you'll actually get??

Am I missing something in that Link?
When you scroll right through the big Pics, the Unit becomes the same as the original LED Replacement (sans Adjuster) that I bought over a year ago.
I wonder which Version you'll actually get??

You pick the one you want in the options/colour part, then the price adjusts accordingly.
The advert is selling both types.

E9 or E24? What’s the difference please?
E24 is the right shape but how do I know the adjuster is there?
Watched the video now, so can stop asking stupid questions.

Now all I want is for them to create a plug and play tft instrument panel for the 1200 gs/a non lc that would be a good improvement .

I definitely want one of these, but, has anyone got one who can vouch for it. What about the DRL/dip beam thing that Scotriders pointed out. How do order from AliExpress, I’ve seen similar on Wish. How long do they take to arrive.
Been out for a ride today with three other bikes that are newer LED equipped and mine looks like candle power.

I got the old style led for my 2009 GS. DRL and dipped beam run together. It’s a lovely crisp white light, clean cut off, generally impressed and feel like it’s an upgrade on the original bulb.

Just ordered one from AliExpress, nerve wracking experience, never used them before, due end of May, if I’m lucky.

Cool.
AliExpress is pretty good tbh. I've used them more just lately than eBay.
Sometimes things arrive within a week sometimes 3-4 weeks.
So far not had any issues. Well just one actually which was my fault as I didn't understand how to order a specific thing from the listing as there was a choice, much like this advert. Once you get the hang of it it's not bad. I tried using PayPal at the start but found some places didn't take payment that way
After uploading a credit card all had been fine.
Let us know how you get on.

Very interest in one these as it looks great, Am fed-up with the dipped bulb forever blowing and then the bloody job of fitting it due the poorly designed attachment not to mention the cost of replacements bulbs.

So tspivey or anyone else who has received said unit, I would appreciate hearing your experience of delivery time , the built quality and total you paid, ie, where there any extra tax / custom duty etc you had to pay.

See there's two prices quoted £146.12 & £166.99, can I take it the latter price is for the E24 50ROi (latest unit) ?

Regards, Chris.

I’ve paid £161.40 from Soyavision (seller) after coupons but there are several sellers to choose from and the price appears to change daily.
It’s supposed to arrive by 1st June, we’ll see.

Coupons ... what, Tesco's ? haha Joking apart, thanks of the info, shall keep an eye out for your views once delivery is made. Cheers

Anyone want to buy my new headlight when it arrives. I’ve been tempted away to an R1250GS during my wait for it to arrive.
I paid £161.40 but they have gone up in price since I ordered, check AliExpress.
It’s due at the end of May and I’m based in Hull, East Yorkshire.
Happy to get my money back plus postage if you need it sending.
I’ll put in the for sale/wanted section when it arrives.
Thanks

Anyone want to buy my new headlight when it arrives. I’ve been tempted away to an R1250GS during my wait for it to arrive.
I paid £161.40 but they have gone up in price since I ordered, check AliExpress.
It’s due at the end of May and I’m based in Hull, East Yorkshire.
Happy to get my money back plus postage if you need it sending.
I’ll put in the for sale/wanted section when it arrives.
Thanks

Which Version did you go for?

Back
Top Bottom