Considering a Yamaha XMAX 300..... Anyone on here own one?

DeanoBeano

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I popped into the local Yamaha dealer today to look at a T700 and a XMAX 300 Tech MAX caught my eye.

Looks like an amazing scooter and reports state it'll top 100mph and give around 85 mpg.

Has anyone on here got one or had any experience of owning one?

In the past I've had a Vespa GTS 300 but rust issues amongst other things put me off getting another.

Yes just checking out the Forza 350 now. That electric screen is a great touch.

Ordered a Forza 350 about six weeks ago, dealer told me May delivery but I'm not holding my breath, there like rocking horse shite, not just scooters though all bike's from Honda it seems..
Went and had a look at a Xmax 300 tech, fab bit of kit but delivery was August at the earliest, spoke to Wigan Yamaha, they did have some 21 models in stock about a fortnight ago..
will see what happens with the May delivery date :D

I'm still undecided. Dealer local to me has Xmax 300 tech in stock but not had chance to see a Forza 350 yet.

I have an XMax 300 in standard trim.
I find the ride soft and choppy and feels like it bottoms out regularly. I am getting 90MPG out of it at present, winter tyres are sapping some MPG out of it but providing a more comfortable riding experience.
I came from a Vespa 200GT, and if I could I would go back to it as it was so much fun to ride.

Thread resurrect! Does anyone have one of these and can comment on motorway use MPG? I see figures of 80mpg quoted but imagine that will tail off significantly at a. steady 70mph

Still get great MPG on my XMAX 300 with speeds around 80+ MPH

I popped into the local Yamaha dealer today to look at a T700 and a XMAX 300 Tech MAX caught my eye.

Looks like an amazing scooter and reports state it'll top 100mph and give around 85 mpg.

Has anyone on here got one or had any experience of owning one?

In the past I've had a Vespa GTS 300 but rust issues amongst other things put me off getting another.

I had one for a year a couple of years ago and it was my first of several scooters.

It was very good in many ways but compared to the larger it T-Max and BMW scooters didn't ride as well.

Newer versions may be better but I would try a few different scooters before buying one.

I guess it also depends on what you'll be using it for?

Back
Top Bottom