Transit/travel through Andorra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ride in, ride out, from / to either France or Spain.

Why anyone woukd ever want to go to Andorra is a mystery though.

We once stayed overnight in Andorra La Vella, apart from the second best hotel car park lift ever, the experience was rather grim.
Right behind the hotel was a sheer cliff face, about 5 metres away and several hundred metres higher. A lot of their buildings are like that.
Petrol & fags were cheap though

I have never had a problem in Andorra. Stopped entering France sometimes. I have never even been stopped entering or leaving Andorra. Now I have said this I may now I get a full inspection at the border

For the benefit of the thread and to answer my own question, I went Spain/Andorra/France/Spain today via the road, not the tunnel
On the way into Andorra they just waved us through, and at the next checks, there was no one there. Don't even remember a border into France or Spain so happy days all around. just too fcking hot!

For the benefit of the thread and to answer my own question, I went Spain/Andorra/France/Spain today via the road, not the tunnel
On the way into Andorra they just waved us through, and at the next checks, there was no one there. Don't even remember a border into France or Spain so happy days all around. just too fcking hot!

I'm off there tomorrow to buy some cheap wrm pills for the dogs - it's nice little day's ride form my home but yiu have to have a reason to actually go into Andorra! :)

I was just wondering if anything in Andorra is cheaper than Spain now?

Yes, loads of things, especially phamaceuticals: thw dogs' worm pils were a quarter of the price youd pay in Span plus medicated toothpaste, hair conditioner less than 50% of the price. Petrol was about €20 cents cheaper and of course VAT @ 1 or 2% ...

I don't smoke or drink spirits so i dont even looks at ethse prices but I guess they're much cheaper, especially compared to France. But I also buy stuff you cabot get in Spain. like genuine Italian concentraed tomato past - frito just will not do :)

Oh, and don’t bother……. Andorra is a concrete jungle built on a cliff… far nicer places in Spain..

Rode through a few weeks ago coming from Spain en route France. No documents inspected, and a snap Customs check well into France just waved me through.

Been there, don’t expect I will return. (And beware, there’s a strange antigravity force there which típs your motorbike sideways):)

Attachments

• 692C6E74-8BB8-4275-B195-FDE83D2F3B4D.jpeg
    692C6E74-8BB8-4275-B195-FDE83D2F3B4D.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 119
Returned on Sunday from an off-road trip across the Pyrenees which took me through Andorra. No checks whatsoever and no sign that any would take place. I wouldn't even have noticed I'd crossed the 'border' if the phone signal hadn't changed (and European mobile phone data packages don't include Andorra, my mate googled something and was charged £6.80 for 24hr roaming).

Andorra was a ghastly place. It was mad, consumerist and like a mini Las Vegas. I hated it.

Anyone with recent actual experience on the ground?

In a few weeks time I hoped to ride from Spain into Andorra into France and back into Spain. No overnight stops in Andorra or France.

The Gov travel advice says
If you’re transiting through Andorra
Transiting is when you pass through one country on the way to your final destination. It is not possible to transit through Andorra. All travel into Andorra requires transit via neighbouring France or Spain. You must ensure you meet the entry requirements for the country you are travelling through. See Spain or France travel advice.

Does this mean I can't do as intended?
Does this mean I can only go into Andorra if I enter and return via the same country ie Spain to Andorra and return to Spain?

The more I research it the more I'm confused

You can enter and exit as many times as you want and wherever you want you will not have any kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom