Transit/travel through Andorra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpertonian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone with recent actual experience on the ground?

In a few weeks time I hoped to ride from Spain into Andorra into France and back into Spain. No overnight stops in Andorra or France.

The Gov travel advice says
If you’re transiting through Andorra
Transiting is when you pass through one country on the way to your final destination. It is not possible to transit through Andorra. All travel into Andorra requires transit via neighbouring France or Spain. You must ensure you meet the entry requirements for the country you are travelling through. See Spain or France travel advice.

Does this mean I can't do as intended?
Does this mean I can only go into Andorra if I enter and return via the same country ie Spain to Andorra and return to Spain?

The more I research it the more I'm confused

I may be passing through in a couple of weeks, I hadn't given this a thought!

This popped up with a search: https://visitandorra.com/en/covid-19-in-andorra/faq-if-you-re-spending-a-few-days-in-andorra/

The Andorran, Spanish and French authorities have taken no measures to close the borders and movement into the country. The Government of Andorra is therefore currently applying no restrictions on entering the country, nor on the movement of people and vehicles around its territory.

I'll follow this too, to see if anyone has (as you say) recent actual experience

Ride in, ride out, from / to either France or Spain.

Why anyone woukd ever want to go to Andorra is a mystery though.

I went skiing there once, many years ago.

I have been back once since. A dusty wind blown place.

Ride in, ride out, from / to either France or Spain.

Been through before. Weird place. An ants nest in the middle of nowhere! Had to buy a helmet as the visor on my existing one broke and couldn't replace just that. Loads of bike shops so useful in that respect. Didn't actually stop there for anything else. Just a tick box exercise really, but wanted to do the road out to France this time (as last time took the tunnel road). If it's any hassle with restrictions I just won't bother, hence my question.

I may be passing through in a couple of weeks, I hadn't given this a thought!

This popped up with a search: https://visitandorra.com/en/covid-19-in-andorra/faq-if-you-re-spending-a-few-days-in-andorra/

I'll follow this too, to see if anyone has (as you say) recent actual experience

Read this, but that seems to contradict the gov advice
If you’re transiting through Andorra
Transiting is when you pass through one country on the way to your final destination. It is not possible to transit through Andorra. All travel into Andorra requires transit via neighbouring France or Spain. You must ensure you meet the entry requirements for the country you are travelling through. See Spain or France travel advice.

Presumably this means you cant fly into Andorra for transit, but there are no restrictions via road as Wapping suggests

Port d’Envalira is in the 20 highest European passes IIRC (or the 20 highest in Alps / Pyrenees) and as I had ridden all the others I endured a long hot slog through the congested shit-hole to tick it off my list.

With hindsight I should have come in from the French side, ridden over the top, turned around and gone back avoiding the city altogether.

Port d’Envalira is in the 20 highest European passes IIRC (or the 20 highest in Alps / Pyrenees) and as I had ridden all the others I endured a long hot slog through the congested shit-hole to tick it off my list.

With hindsight I should have come in from the French side, ridden over the top, turned around and gone back avoiding the city altogether.

:jes:beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom