Spanish Ferries in September

Martyleeds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know what’s happening in Spain in September? Booked a ferry to Santander for 18th September but now can’t do that week and need to go on the 4th but every ferry is full for September. I even tried Rosslare to Bilbao but that’s full until October. I’ve never seen it this busy.

Kids are back at school, I thought there would be some availability this early in the year. If anyone has an outbound Plymouth to Santander for 2 bikes with a cabin on 4th September that they want to swap for 2 bikes and 4 berth cabin on 18th September, let me know. :beerjug:

Everyone else needed to go on the 4th?

You took up two places on the 12th, where there is now two bods asking the same question as to why it’s full.

Everyone else wants to go on the other dates in September, booking ahead of you.

The lifting of Covid restrictions *, coupled to the popularity of September (when the schools have gone back and the burning sun of August has receded) makes it popular.

* For the vaccinated. Others have a simple hoop to jump through, like performing sheep.

We go to Asturias every September and normally get the ferry booked at least by March as its normally impossible to book after that.
In saying that, I’m not going this year.

It’s one of the best months to visit on a bike plus the Piston Rally draws a lot of interest, this year it’s 18th - 25th.

Last time we went in September there were loads of bikers going to the Aragon Motogp round. We booked as soon as the dates were released the year before

Like me, many had vouchers expiring in 2022 and got their bookings in once the 2022 timetable came out last autumn. They emailed existing customers giving them a week to bokk before the hoi poloi. Soz

Like me, many had vouchers expiring in 2022 and got their bookings in once the 2022 timetable came out last autumn. They emailed existing customers giving them a week to bokk before the hoi poloi. Soz

Ahh good point yes, all the cancellations from last years Covid closures, forgot about that.

Try booking as a sail / hotel package holiday, understand they hold back some space for them, you can't book online you need to ring on 0330 1594500

I am trying to book September 30, Rosslare- Bibalo but everything is full. I wonder will there be a cancellation? I live in hope!

There’s very limited bike spaces on that route & they fill up quickly
We booked months ago but had to book van & trailer in order to get the bikes to Spain

Nutt travel are always helpful. and the Indianos Rally is on as well

We’re sailing out on 7th.

We booked as a group of five with four bikes and a trike (which is a car space) with three cabins.

The guy with the trike is too ill to travel, so we tried to cancel his fare, one cabin and the trike slot both ways, but BF won’t cancel his booking.

So as well as being very poorly BF still want £1,500 off him, to cover his fare, a cabin and a car/ trike slot which I’m sure they could let someone else, or a family, have.

I was over in May. Full of bikes, apparently they limit the number of bikes to 200. This was our queue...

Attachments

• IMG-20220509-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220509-WA0003.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 254
Holy smokes that’s a lot of bikes in line! I had no idea how busy it can be! My original plan was to take the ferry Ireland-Spain, tour around, drive back to Roscoff and ferry back to Rosslare. Well, the brain kicked in and I reversed my route. I will ferry Cork-Rosslare, drive to southeast France/Spain, tour Pyrenees heading west, Picos, perhaps a bit of Portugal, ferry Bilbao-Rosslare.
Reservations are made and the rates were great.

Back
Top Bottom