Rallye engine / crash bars

Richparker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi I'm thinking of fitting some engine / crash bars to my 2012 TC and wondered if anyone had got any feedback, good or bad, as to which type to go for. The bike currently has some Machineart Xheads fitted so the bars would need to have a bit of clearance. Cheers Rich

Hi, I fitted a pair of red Wunderlich bars - available from Nippy - and they looked great. For two years. Then had faded to an orange colour. Currently have the BMW aluminium covers as fitted to the hexhead adventure model - bought 2nd hand off eBay. Alan

Hi, I fitted a pair of red Wunderlich bars - available from Nippy - and they looked great. For two years. Then had faded to an orange colour. Currently have the BMW aluminium covers as fitted to the hexhead adventure model - bought 2nd hand off eBay. Alan

Hi Alan Thanks for getting back to me. I've seen a couple of different bars in red but I think the Wunderlich ones are only available in black and silver now. These are available from CrossPro but I don't know if there's too much red!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194962380358?hash=item2d64a9d646:g:tfEAAOSwDqliTwJX
I think quality / fitment is more important than anything and I'm edging towards SW Motech , Hepco & Becker or Wunderlich. I can always have them powder coated red :nenau

I fitted the Alt-Rider bars to my hexhead look great and lasted well. Only issue with them is they have to come off to do a valve check

I had Motech on mine bought cheep as they were used on ebay as they were scratched to hell, sprayed the frame colour using an aersol can for RS bike paints and after 5 years they still looked good.

Here is the bike after being well overpriced at motorbikes4all - they have had it well over a year!!!!

https://www.motorbikes4all.com/sing...=&Make=BMW&Model=R1200GS&StockNo=4863&Id=4863

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in the SW Motech as I can get a set for £180 whereas the Altriders, which do look great, are £375 although the Altriders do look good in red! :)

I fitted the Alt-Rider bars to my hexhead look great and lasted well. Only issue with them is they have to come off to do a valve check

These are my favourite ones but £375 is a lot of money :blast

Back
Top Bottom