Brightside Insurance (formally E-Bike Insurance) don't love me any more

Nice 'n' Fat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got the following e-mail from them today:

Dear Mr Nice 'n' Fat

We are writing to let you know that we have recently reviewed the insurance services we provide and as a result of this, we are unfortunately unable to offer you a competitive renewal premium.

As a valued customer of Brightside Insurance we want to ensure that your insurance needs continue to be met. We have searched the market for a partner who can offer you insurance expertise with a similar level of cover to that which you currently hold.

Your new insurance provider

On this basis, we are pleased to tell you that we have selected Swinton Insurance to act as your new motorbike insurance provider. They will write to you shortly with details of your new quote.

Swinton Insurance are an insurance broker and have been helping people protect the things that matter to them for over 60 years. They offer a wide range of insurance products, including car, home, motorbike, business and van. They are a multi, award-winning company - this year they have won Consumer Intelligence 2020 awards for customer satisfaction, claims satisfaction and for customer recommendations. They also have a Trustpilot score of 'Excellent' (from 8367 reviews May 2020).

So, rest assured you will be in good hands.

To help you understand how Swinton Insurance will process your personal data through the insurance journey, from the point of providing a quote through to taking out a policy, you can find the Swinton Insurance Privacy policy here

What do I need to do?

Your new Swinton Insurance quote.

For Swinton Insurance to have all the information they need to provide you with a quote, we will securely share your data with them before your renewal is due, unless you choose to opt out by following the instructions below.

The transfer of your personal data to Swinton Insurance will allow them to contact you and provide you with a quote for a new insurance policy to help avoid any potential gaps in your insurance cover. The transfer will include the personal data that we have collected about you concerning your insurance policy and any claims arising from it as well as any convictions which are relevant to the pricing and sale of an insurance policy.

If you pay for your insurance by direct debit, your direct debit details will be included in the transfer to Swinton Insurance, so that they can automatically set up your monthly payments should you be happy with their insurance quote, otherwise you would need to contact Swinton Insurance to arrange alternative payment.

Also, as part of the quotation process, Swinton Insurance will complete a quotation search with the UK's Credit Reference Agency (CRAs). These searches are typical in the insurance market and necessary to verify your identity, help prevent fraud, to help carry out risk profiling to calculate your premium and payment options. This check is conducted at quotation, renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. This type of search will leave a record, which will be clear that it's related to an insurance quotation, on your credit file which is visible to other lenders and companies.

What if I don't want my data to be shared?

You can opt-out of the proposed transfer of your personal data to Swinton Insurance by contacting us within the next 14 days and no later than 17 May 2022 at bikebsg@brightsideinsurance.co.uk or calling us on 0333 130 0420 should you wish to do so. Please be aware that if you choose to opt-out, it is your responsibility to find a quote and insure your motorbike from 07 July 2022

If you're happy with the quotation arranging your new cover couldn't be easier. Depending on how you pay for your insurance just following the steps below.

How to renew.

If you currently pay by monthly Direct Debit, you don't need to do anything. We will work closely with Swinton Insurance to ensure that they have all the information they need to set up your new Direct Debit to collect the premium. If you don't pay by monthly Direct Debit, you will need to get in touch with Swinton Insurance to arrange payment of the premium to ensure your insurance cover remains in place.

What if I have not received anything from Swinton Insurance?

If you have not opted out of the proposed transfer of your personal data to Swinton Insurance and you don't receive a quote pack from them at least three weeks before your renewal date, please contact us on bikebsg@brightsideinsurance.co.uk or calling us on 0333 130 0420.

When your policy with us comes to an end.

When your policy comes to an end with Brightside Insurance, we will send you confirmation that you cover has ended along with proof of your No Claims Discount.

Please be aware that if you ask us not to share your data with Swinton Insurance or you do not accept the quotation offered from Swinton Insurance, you will need to make alternative arrangements to ensure your motorbike remains insured, as the insurance provided by KGM Underwriting Services will cease from your renewal date.

We have attached a 'Questions and Answers' sheet which gives you more information about what will happen in the coming weeks. If you have any questions please contact Brightside Insurance by email, any time at bikebsg@brightsideinsurance.co.uk or calling us on 0333 130 0420.

Yours sincerely,

The Customer Services Team

Brightside Insurance

So it's a 'Fuck Off & Die' from them then :D

I got the same letter. I switched to Bennetts and made a saving of £67 in the process.

Srry old thread and that, but did Swinton give you a quote with out you doing anything or did you opt out of the data transfer? Because I've just had the same letter and it's 3 weeks till my renewal, I know that brightside have left motorcycle insurance completely now, so it not personal 😑.

Swinton gave me a quote without me asking them. It was subsequently bettered by Bennetts who improved things further when I added another bike to the policy.

Same for me ... I got a quote from Swinton that was £100 less than last years premium from Brightside

I can't be arsed to ring around as the premium was only £75 so Swinton got the business :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom