Helmets onboard aircraft

BA allow 2 pieces of hand luggage, this would be one of them. You can check devices with Li batteries which are fitted to the device.

I was wondering same for a trip with BA (grrr…) in June.

The helmets have comms so presumably lithium batteries and would need to be hand luggage. For me question would be is this in addition to hand luggage allowance as does it use the allowance and I have to stuff things inside of it ?!

Thanks all, much useful information to ponder.

Will let you know how it goes !

Cheers,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an interesting experience recently. I was flying Ryanair to Dublin from Beauvais. Checked in my bag with all my biking gear, showed my hand luggage, I.e my helmet to the check in staff. Drifting my way through security and told no! The policy at Beauvais airport is for full face helmets to be checked in. Apparently, my French is poor, if my helmet was an open face helmet, no problem. Back to the Ryanair Check-in. My bag was long gone so I had to buy a shopping bag and I scavenged the area for cardboard etc to protect the lid. The Ryanair staff were extremely helpful but charged me for a second checked in bag. The bag was wrapped in plastic with Fragile stickers all over for what that is worth! I have travelled through dozens of airports with my helmet on my arm without incident. I regularly put the lid in the Kriega neoprene helmet carrier thing. Only two airports gave me grief until now My local airport Galway, now closed and Beauvais. Airport policy apparently even though helmets are not on the list of prohibited hand luggage anywhere that I can see. Anyway I am sure you will be fine!

Back
Top Bottom