Problems with TC exhaust

pbboxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all.

I managed recently to get a set of Remus headers and a second hand Akra can for my 2011 triple black GS.

The headers came with an additional link pipe and although the pipes all line up, the link pipe appears to be too short, allowing a blow in the system.

Has anyone else come across similar please?

The gap between the pipes when fitted (headers to end can) is presently 33mm. The gao between the slots in the pipes that will blow, is maybe 65mm and the link is 70 long, but seemingly impossible to adjust as it slips well into the other pipes and i cant avoid a gap.

I guess ideally i would have a link pipe maybe 90mm long, otherwise i'll have to make a bracket for the end pipe, which is gonna be a right pain as the can is only about 15-20mm too far forward for the securing holes to match up

Any advice appreciated pls

I seam to remember that although the TC and pre TC components were interchangable the flappy valve meant if you used the incorrect one you would need to change the length of the link pipe.

Are both your headers and can def from the TC

Hi . Yes i believe so. The headers were bought for a TC and never fitted (kept fo 8 years and then sold to me). The can part number suits gs and Adv TC also. I think the link pipe was bought separately but was supplied to me with the headers.

I fitted Remus headers to my 2011 TwinCam but there is no link pipe on mine.

Also, I removed the flappy valve and servo motor and i have never suffered from any popping, banging etc. although I have never had the bike re-mapped.

Have you any Pics to make the Issue easier to visualise?
Can you Weld Up the Slits in the Headers?
If the 70mm Link Section is an Interference Fit you don't need the Slits to help clamp the two parts together.
I removed the Flap on mine and found a piece of S/S with an O/D approx. 64mm to make a replacement for it, and it taps in nice and tight with no noticeable leakage.
I still have the Slits in the Headers and I'll fit a Clamp, but only to hide the unsightliness (is that a Word? :nenau).......

Back
Top Bottom