Youngster insurance quandry

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A friend's lad is on his 50cc jobbie and has paid for a full year of insurance. He turns 17 in July and wants a 125.... but the insurance company he is with, the bod on the phone wouldn't let them change bikes to a 125 mid policy, it will be 6 months in when he turns 17. They wont change vehicle to a 125, policy was paid in full at inception. If they cancel and take a new policy he loses the 6 months towards first year NCB.

After ideas and ways around please to enable them to get him a 125. :thumby:

Try doing it online. You never know. It just might work. Wait till July and he is 17. Computer likes saying no and once there’s a negative in there it might be hard to get around. Had similar with my son but trying to get quotes early he was told no no no. Once he met all the criteria a quote was issued. JJH

I reckon JJH is offering the best advice, just wait until it’s closer to his birthday and try because some companies don’t like quoting early in case circumstances change but remember that the best time to get a quote is 3 weeks before the due date and it will go up a lot in the following 3 weeks. I ignored my truck renewal because I was away from home and I couldn’t get on the phone during business hours and that cost me more than £200 using the same company as had quoted earlier.

I reckon JJH is offering the best advice, just wait until it’s closer to his birthday and try because some companies don’t like quoting early in case circumstances change but remember that the best time to get a quote is 3 weeks before the due date and it will go up a lot in the following 3 weeks. I ignored my truck renewal because I was away from home and I couldn’t get on the phone during business hours and that cost me more than £200 using the same company as had quoted earlier.

tHANKS aLL.

Back
Top Bottom