Scrambler ninet /ninet generally

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am I wrong but it appears to me a few of these models appear regularly for sale with exceptionally low miles? They are great looking bikes and the engine should be very strong, just wondering!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a Scrambler when they first came out

Great bike but I just wasn't using it. Sold it a year later with 900 miles on the clock :augie

Had my Scrambler for nearly 5 years now and it has become a keeper :)

They are a great bike (once you sort out the suspension) as a second bike but not IMO as an only bike!

There are of course loads of very low mile examples for sale which means you can pick up a second-hand bargain - bought mine when it was 6 months old with 112miles on the clock for what was at the time a very good price ;)

Had my Scrambler for nearly 5 years now and it has become a keeper :)

They are a great bike (once you sort out the suspension) as a second bike but not IMO as an only bike!

There are of course loads of very low mile examples for sale which means you can pick up a second-hand bargain - bought mine when it was 6 months old with 112miles on the clock for what was at the time a very good price ;)

Thanks for the replies, is Wilbers the default replacement shock? Yours looks a very good set up.

I have an Urban GS. Bought it nearly-new to do LeJog on the Malle Rally a couple of years ago. It was fun - both the event and the bike.

It’s true that the suspension (especially the rear) is a bit basic but IMHO it’s nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe. I think the main reason they’re sold with low miles is that most aren’t used for anything other than popping down the o pub for a Sunday bimble.

I like mine, so I kept it…

Thanks for the replies, is Wilbers the default replacement shock? Yours looks a very good set up.

Wilbers is as good as anything IMO - went for the basic version but with Ht adjustment and night and day improvement over the standard shock ;)

Put the marketing hype to one side and have look at what the RnineT actually is. It has, in my opinion, one of the nicest, most flexible engines BMW has ever equipped a Boxer twin with. It makes a very versatile bike that can be turned to several uses. With a little ingenuity a daily rider or, with the addition of luggage and an Airhawk, a tourer. Sure an RT or GSA will be more comfortable on the long haul but as I’m on my second RnineT, after a very long line of bikes including a GSA1200 LC, it’s the closest I’ve been to having a ‘keeper’. It takes up far less room in the garage too.

Yes as mentioned , most R9 owners have them as second bikes, this is why most for sale are low mileage. I sold my original model with 840 miles on it , 14 months of ownership. However, I missed it! So bought the newer version , secondhand, at a great price with only 430 miles on it . Using it a little more now and it’s got 1600 miles on it , won’t be selling in a hurry .

Yes as mentioned , most R9 owners have them as second bikes, this is why most for sale are low mileage. I sold my original model with 840 miles on it , 14 months of ownership. However, I missed it! So bought the newer version , secondhand, at a great price with only 430 miles on it . Using it a little more now and it’s got 1600 miles on it , won’t be selling in a hurry .

I better start saving.

I’ve had x2 RnineTs now, first was the original classic which I loved. Did loads to it and like others have said it was a second bike for me. When the air an GS came out I fell for it straight away, loved the look and IMHO the engine in the RnineT range is one of the best. I’ve done loads to my Urban including the suspension and seat and it’s absolutely a keeper. I’ve said it all along that if I ever get to a point where I can only have 1 bike then the GSA would go…

Attachments

• 370B3290-7775-4A15-8020-2E366FDA727E.jpg
    370B3290-7775-4A15-8020-2E366FDA727E.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 0FF1EE46-363F-4EB2-905F-F74AA619651C.jpg
    0FF1EE46-363F-4EB2-905F-F74AA619651C.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 236

Back
Top Bottom